• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Testing and treatment

Is there a gold strandard test to confirm ME/CFS? Also if there a consensus that certain supplements help with this illness? Thanks
  2. M

Interpreting These Results

Thank you. Has there been any success with vitamin supplementation or any other alternative approach? Thanks
  3. M

Not necessarily. About 7 years ago I got the flu and never have been the same. Bad gastro issues, anxiety, foggy brain, tough to breathe when jogging, unexplained weight gain. I've had just about every test and all negative ....except as attached.
  4. M

Thanks a lot. To be honest I'm not very tired much at all.
  5. M

Hello. Can't someone shed light based on experience what they think of these results. Thanks a lot.
  6. M

Has anyone been successful...

Any help here? Ty
  7. M

Has anyone been successful...

Hello all. Has anyone ever beat this with treatment? I know it's not curable. See my ebv and Hhv 6 results attached. About 7 years ago my body(and me) completely changed. Bad gastro, neuro symptoms, unexplained weight gain etc. etc. Had all the testing in the world with all docs saying...
  8. M

Candida Results -confused

Sorry I meant the 45.6 which is in range. So It seems the .18 is really not so positive?
  9. M

Candida Results -confused

I'm confused by my blood test results as one blood test shows positive and the others don't. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.
  10. M

EBV Results From NYU

Just got them posted to "My Chart". I'm assuming and interpreting mine are seropositive. Agree? Thanks
  11. M

Heidelberg capsule

After the baking soda challenge my levels went down to normal in about 3-4 minutes. I think that is too quick. I think it s suppose to be more like 15 minutes before it goes down to normal
  12. M

Heidelberg capsule

has anyone done this before? I just had one done and I'm leary a That the doc is not interpreting it correctly? It was my first time there and overall I think he is a little suspect. He said it was normal. Are there any other natural med forums out there that might be able to help me with...
  13. M

Testing without a doctor

Are there any places that will allow stool tests etc. without a prescription? Thanks
  14. M

Out of breathe when running

I use to be a pretty competitive runner winning my age groups etc. well when I got sick with cfs, epstein barr etc. I was no longer able to run past 25 minutes without feeling completely out of breathe. Does this sickness cause this? Is there anything I can do to improve my oxygen? I have been...
  15. M

Jacob Tietelbaum

I am reading his book "from fatigued to fantastic,. He says that he can diagnose CFS with one question. How's your sleep? So if you sleep okay you don't have CFS?
  16. M

So damn confused

Thank you.
  17. M

So damn confused

My anxiety is affecting my life.....no need to stress about it????lol
  18. M

So damn confused

Ok about 7 years ago my life changed. I starting having gastro(stomach problems), I developed severe anxiety, fatigue,brain fog and just did not feel like myself at all. I had just about evey test possible and everything has always come back fine. But then my HHV IGg came back 1:1280. The...
  19. M

hhv 6 - Take my poll please!!!

I think it's IGG not IGM but I'll check , thanks
  20. M

hhv 6 - Take my poll please!!!

My titers are 1:1380 is that enough to say its active?
  21. M

Famvir and White Blood Cells

I have always had low white blood cells, about 3.1. I was given Valcyte about 2 years ago and did not take it because of my low white blood cell count. Does Famvir lower WBC? Thanks
  22. M

Hopefully my life is about to change...

Yes as far as the med side effect... But I'm getting sick..running nose, knot in throat amd spitting up yellow mucous. My white blood cells have always been low....about 3.1. Will Famvir lower them? I know I was advised not to take Valcyte because of this. Thanks.
  23. M

Thanks a lot everyone
  24. M

So many different interpretations by people...uuugghh..lol...here are my results
  25. M

I had a doc tell me that even with my HHV titers sky high he said it was not active
  26. M

Thanks very much. I'm rally hoping that all these symptoms are due to the virus and this virus is active. I was told the EBV is chronic or reactivated and my HHV6 titers were 1:1380 when they should be lower than 1:320.