• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Failed valium taper also on gabapentin(Neurontin)

I meant it helps for anxiety. I have not slept for the past 3 nights
  2. B

The L theanne does help for insomnia
  3. B

I did try L Theanne. I have severe insomnia and this does not help
  4. B

It has been a long time since i started this thread, I have since started a new taper from 30mg of Valium. I will be down to 13.5mg in a day. I am still on the Neurontin. I am still having anxiety thinking that it may mess up my taper. How do I find anyone in this forum who has been tapering a...
  5. B

I saw my Doctor who prescribed the Valium for me. He wants me to stop the Neurontin immediately. Then after that he wants me to cut my dose of Trazodone from 50mg to 25mg and stop it also. I told him I was worried about withdrawal and he said I would have none. I told him I had insomnia and he...
  6. B

I have tried to taper off of Valium. I had started at 20mg Valium. I tried to cut1mg valium every 2 weeks . If I would have symptoms I would hold longer. At 16mg valium I had burning sensations in my eyes,face throat, and skin on my chest and Tinnitus. They were constant and did not go away. I...
  7. B

Failed valium taper I had to reinstate I need help

My doctor had me go up to 25mg Valium . It had been now 5 days at 25mg. The symptoms have improved. The burning sensations I have experienced have gone down significantly but on occasion still come up. The Tinnitus has not gone away, One day it will be less intense and another day it will be...
  8. B

Failed valium taper I had to reinstate I need help

I started to taper off of 20mg valium. Other medications I am on 300mg gabapentin and 50mg trazodone. I was following the Ashton taper. I cut 1mg and held for 14 days or extended my hold if symptoms got bad. At my starting dose of 20mg I had no symptoms. At 19mg the Tinnitus started. At 18mg the...
  9. B

Tapering off Gabapentin

Has anyone used a scale for tapering capsules containing beads or powder. I have a Gemini scale that measures down to.001 gm. I have 400mg capsules of Neurontin. I also bought 500 empty gelatin capsules from Amazon. Each capsule weighs .091gms. What I want to do is open up the neurontin capsule...
  10. B

Tapering off Gabapentin

Thanks Caledonia, I have just reduced by 10% for the last few days. I have heard taking magnesium supplements help with the withdrawal symptoms.
  11. B

Tapering off Gabapentin

Hello I am trying to get advice for how to taper off of 300mg of gabapentin. I have taken 300mg a night for 4 months. I am also currently taking 18mg of Valium a day. I want to taper off the gabapentin so I do not get bad withdrawal symptoms. I would appreciate some advice. Or maybe someone can...