• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

My story and progress with cfs recovery and treatments used.

olena: well done taking the mono and the allicin together, its not easy taking both at the same time. Ive been taking LDN .75ml at night and .25 in the morning. its been amazing, i was walking round waitrose earlier and i didnt feel tired even after 20 mins walking :) I would try this place...
  2. R

Hi :) I had some worsening of symptoms, so have decreased lisin, and im using Valtrex as i get felt like i had flu all the time, its helping, ive also ordered rizol, and LDN therapy which is due to arrive soon
  3. R

Ive ordered the same tablets as yourself from a company called health monthly uk. I will try reducing the beer a little and taking the tablets and see if any changes occur. I think you will find an energy boost that will settle a little but the clearer feeling consciousness should stick with...
  4. R

jefferz this is great info: This is a new side to hops i did not know about, so it may have assisting properties in many different areas of the body. The beer certainly is calorie loaded, so long term the supplements may be the way to go, im excited to try them. If everyone reports how they...
  5. R

hey guys, sorry about the delay in being on here! Yes cobra is a good brand to try i have had that. All: thanks for the information i do get some ibs related issues so will look into that. jeffrez: it looks an interesting study, but its getting beyond my understanding of science, id like...
  6. R

Hi Taniaaust: yes in the last 3 weeks i have been taking a drinkable b-vitamin drink but i had blood test previously that never showed low levels but as you say perhaps the tests are not very accurate. I still need the beer everyday, if i skip drinking it for even 5 hours i start to feel...
  7. R

Hip: Have just seen your great response, thank you for looking into this subject properly, the information youve gathered is great! Ive been finding that there is no drop off in the beer potency and works just as well today as when i first started it. The order i found the benefits came...
  8. R

thanks for you replys Hip and invisiblejungle i like exploring the ideas on this: I found various research papers on sickness behavior and the influenence inflammation and its singals have on ill people: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12615196...
  9. R

Non alcoholic beer clinical study!

sherlock, good information on the various elements that might be at work in beer in your post. ive found these two things in the hops as an anti inflammatory: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19655312 http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/38763.php if the ingredients help to block...
  10. R

I feel its probably the hops as the pharma companies are putting money into researching what is in them. i keep talking about the non-alcohol beer as its the only way to consume a big amount without the liver being put under strain etc! I want to only get the good effects. im going to look...
  11. R

Hi sherlock: ive tried using different brands, and the ones with wheat in i find dont work nearly as good as just plain, barley hops and water yeast, those simple four ingredients seem to be what works for me the best!
  12. R

jenny im sure its not just taking in more fluid, its a very different feeling to just having two liters of water, i have to still drink some water or i feel de-hydrated by the afternoon. Kina: I always suggest non-alcoholic beer as ordinary beer will work but i find any alcohol far too much...
  13. R

Thanks sushi, if anybody else has any thoughts please say!
  14. R

Hi guys, Following finding a couple of research papers on the anti-inflammatory effect of non-alcoholic beer http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21659904 I started drinking loads of becks blue, and when i dont have at least 6 bottles a day my cfs becomes far far worse. I dont want to try...
  15. R

thanks chocoholic, yes i agree that cfs is a term thats doctors use when they have no idea! im going to read into your post as its quite detailed and i need to grasp what these terms are and the outcome for our bodies in that respect. should have been on here sooner to learn about people's...
  16. R

Heapsreal: yes the non-alcoholic beer is so good im sure its just as usefull as a NSAI's but without the stomach problems> I dont think i could drink real alcohol that would be really scary! Taniaaust: I've heard quite a few people say i may have just been recovering anyway. its fairly...
  17. R

hiya, thats a problem with taking all my steps at once i have no idea which helped and which didnt! i dont eat any sugar at all! i dont even each much fruit as sugar scares me!
  18. R

must also note that i was tested for lymes 3 times and nothing. Lymes can cause terrible die-off on allicin!
  19. R

i must also add that im no way trying to sell any of the above products, use the competitors brands if you doubt my motives!
  20. R

hey guys: i was on one allicin max tablet a day and raised to two for 3 months, the die off period was very strong, it was about the very limit of what i could handle. Step 3 is a bit of a trial and i feel its helping: im using an ace inhibitor but others have suggested arb blockers may be...
  21. R

i got told off on another forum for posting my story so i hope anybody understands that i posted it up just incase it is of any use to anyone. I had such profound Neurological and body symptoms i am shocked the other forum told me i had depression. I used to hold to to the side of my bed...
  22. R

hiya :) but real beer has such unwanted problems, i worry it can bring on a crash :(, try drinking a pack of 6 becks blue, i promise you wont regret it. I worry that the byproducts of breaking down alcohol put strain on the body.
  23. R

i just got so excited i can cause pain to cfs i did a dance! its the only thing i hate and i want to damage the disease and ruin its day! good luck guys
  24. R

Hi guy usual story in terms of CFS, came down one year ago after a virus or possible infection. Then went on to be bedbound. I gave up on doctors as i studied all the material and designed my own treatment program. As follows: 1st step: using allicin to treat initial causes...