• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Paula Thomas

MTHFS defect (folinic acid intolerance) - request for genetic data

I use Holistic Health drops B12: 2000mcg and (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid 66.7mcg. That's 1 drop each in the morning sublingually.
  2. Paula Thomas

Could be the increase in B12. Hydroxy B12 made me have fatigue so I've been taking Adenosyl B12 instead and I seem to tolerate that better.
  3. Paula Thomas

Folic Acid, Folinic Acid, Folate, it's hard to keep them all straight. :) I have eliminated all my supplements that contain folic acid already and only use the good ones that have 5-MTHF or L-Methylfolate. I'm not sure about folinic acid, I don't think I've tried taking that.
  4. Paula Thomas

Not sure if anyone is still looking into this but thought I'd add mine in. I don't know if I really have any negative affects from Folic Acid. I've never taken it in high doses but my serum folate levels have always been high which makes me think I have a hard time converting it. Rich=1...