• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

candida lab test

Cheesus

I spent years chasing the candida dragon. It was a serious detriment to both my health and my wallet.

The last time I checked (which was admittedly a few years ago), there was no good evidence that immunocompetent patients are susceptible to gastrointestinal overgrowth of candida or that such an overgrowth results in the kind of symptoms you read about online.

I urge you to act with extreme caution and scepticism. IF your blood test is accurate (a big if), then there are a lot of reasons that you may show an immune response to candida, including past or present oral, vaginal, skin or nail infections.

Thinktank

I spent years chasing the candida dragon. It was a serious detriment to both my health and my wallet.

The last time I checked (which was admittedly a few years ago), there was no good evidence that immunocompetent patients are susceptible to gastrointestinal overgrowth of candida or that such an overgrowth results in the kind of symptoms you read about online.

I urge you to act with extreme caution and scepticism. IF your blood test is accurate (a big if), then there are a lot of reasons that you may show an immune response to candida, including past or present oral, vaginal, skin or nail infections.
Same here.
Candida testing as offered by alternative labs is very unreliable.

jesse's mom

I find that taking probiotics on an empty stomach has helped me, if I take it consistently over time. It took me 6 months!

My health food store ladies just looked at my skin, nails and belly 30 years ago. It changed my body, in that the belly bloat went down, I only have one toenail that has a fungus, my face is clear and I Don't have vaginal yeast ever anymore.

Sugar and high fructose corn syrup are not my friend!

Tammy

I have been learning alot of info from Anthony William (Medical Medium). Many people think he's all woo woo..............but I have learned so much and have been feeling better thanks to him........and I did not think that was possible. Anyway..........wanted to share what Anthony has said about candida. According to Anthony when candida shows up it's usually because of an underlying bacterial growth. The candida is actually a helper because it starts eating up all the crap that feeds the bad bacteria...........so you don't want to go down the path of trying all sorts of anti-fungals.

jesse's mom

I found a good article here,

Candidiasis is a fungal infection caused by over 20 species of yeasts in the genus Candida. The most common types of Candidiasis are oral thrush, skin infection, and vaginal yeast infection, but Candida overgrowth can also lead to systemic (invasive) Candidiasis. While most people with a yeast infection have uncomfortable, but generally mild to moderate symptoms, Candidiasis can be fatal in vulnerable individuals. This includes preemies (babies born prematurely), very young infants, older adults, and anyone who is immunocompromised, such as someone undergoing chemotherapy or with AIDS.

Antibiotics have no effect on yeasts, and instead actually create the conditions for Candida overgrowth. As such, it’s fortunate that there are many natural remedies, including species of probiotics, for Candida treatment.

Silence

I got tested for candida in my stool and blood and I had +2 for stool and elevated IGG and IGA which correlated with oral thrush i had ongoing . But I also have lowish CD4 count which could explain this. Even after treating the candida (it went away) I still show elevations in IGA and IGG and in my stool. Which blood test did you get and what were the specific results?

Hi 👋 @Silence I was hoping to speak to you. I have been using LDN medicine for 3 years now but this past 6 months I have been getting bad Candida with it. After experimenting I found it happened at .2mg. I then switched to the Sub lingual drops of LDN where you just put it on your tongue and then spit it out . But I still got the Candida. Now Iv quit the medicine as I think it’s not what’s in the medicine but what it does to your immune system that is causing the negative side effects . My doctor doesn’t know much about it and never heard of this side effect before. That’s why I was wanting to know your experience ? Are you still using the medicine ? If not did you find another medicine that’s helped ? I found good effects with the LDN at first for the first year with no Candida. It helped my sleep and pains. Weird it only started negative after a year of use. I’m 28 year old male in Ireland , very active and have been previously diagnosed with fibromyalgia but it could be something else as I experience soo many bad health symptoms. I have seen a neurologist who wants to do mri scans but that might not help much.

Silence

Hi 👋 @Silence I was hoping to speak to you. I have been using LDN medicine for 3 years now but this past 6 months I have been getting bad Candida with it. After experimenting I found it happened at .2mg. I then switched to the Sub lingual drops of LDN where you just put it on your tongue and then spit it out . But I still got the Candida. Now Iv quit the medicine as I think it’s not what’s in the medicine but what it does to your immune system that is causing the negative side effects . My doctor doesn’t know much about it and never heard of this side effect before. That’s why I was wanting to know your experience ? Are you still using the medicine ? If not did you find another medicine that’s helped ? I found good effects with the LDN at first for the first year with no Candida. It helped my sleep and pains. Weird it only started negative after a year of use. I’m 28 year old male in Ireland , very active and have been previously diagnosed with fibromyalgia but it could be something else as I experience soo many bad health symptoms. I have seen a neurologist who wants to do mri scans but that might not help much.
Sorry I never saw a notification for this post or I may have missed it. I was in the same boat as you- LDN worked wonders for me in the beginning after a couple of years of use. I was only using .125 mg dose.-oral then moved to transdermal. Eventually I started noticing that my yeast issues getting worse and the medicine losing its effectiveness. I am not sure what caused LDN to flare my yeast ( candida in my gut and mouth and sebhorrheic dermatitis on my face to flare) I've read some things online and found a few people who experienced the same things, but still no explanation. I think you're right because I tried LDN without any added fillers and it still did the same thing. I think its modulating the immune system in a way where yeast are able to thrive possibly? I had to quit it eventually as it made my yeast problems worse and It felt like it wasn't working like it used to , plus, I found out that it made my Spontaneous pnuemothoraxes worse (lung collapse). Now, I wish someone could explain that one for me. I ended up needing a chest tube and surgery to repair my lung and basically scar the pleura so it could for stick to the chest wall thus preventing more pneumothoraxes.