• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Viral Infection?

So I've come to the realization that I'm probably living with a viral infection. Maybe a bacterial one, but I kind of doubt it.
Aside from everything else, I have had the following symptoms for just over two months (shortly after the incident that caused the major health crisis late September which you can read about in my introduction): -waking up in the morning with a dry coating in my mouth, spitting it out and it's pure yellow
-Constant weird pressure thing with ears (when I go to talk my ears pop and it sounds like I'm underwater)
-eye goop I never had before
-blowing my nose produces pure yellow, mostly in right nostril

I'm not a doctor, but I'm guessing this is sign of an infection. Does anyone have any ideas?
I'm just about to read a few threads here about this...
Thanks

rodgergrummidge

So I've come to the realization that I'm probably living with a viral infection. Maybe a bacterial one, but I kind of doubt it.
Aside from everything else, I have had the following symptoms for just over two months (shortly after the incident that caused the major health crisis late September which you can read about in my introduction): -waking up in the morning with a dry coating in my mouth, spitting it out and it's pure yellow
-Constant weird pressure thing with ears (when I go to talk my ears pop and it sounds like I'm underwater)
-eye goop I never had before
-blowing my nose produces pure yellow, mostly in right nostril

I'm not a doctor, but I'm guessing this is sign of an infection. Does anyone have any ideas?
I'm just about to read a few threads here about this...
Thanks

@flong , 2 months with yellow gunk coming out multiple orifices in your head and and you still havent seen a doctor!?? There could be many reasons for your symptoms, some trivial if treated properly, others serious if left untreated. Get yourself to a doctor and get a proper diagnosis and start treatment...... now!

I'm going to go to a walk in clinic today. Thanks everyone. My family doctor refuses to do anything about anything to be honest. I told her about this problem and she told me to just live with it.
I live in a country with universal health care, but I think doctors are pressured to only do bare essentials sometimes. I need help, and have been forced to go to a private clinic to deal with things during this illness.

The doctor thinks it might be a sinus infection. Though whether it's bacterial or viral is anybody's guess.
There really is no mucus, but an almost florescent yellow color in the saliva and when I blow my nose. And eye goop, and that weird pressure thing especially in the left ear.
I have antibiotics ready to go, but my ND is about to email me some info on treating it without. I'm hesitant to take antibiotics, especially since I've worked hard at trying to get my gut back in some kind of balance again.
I have a tendency to get an infection, bacterial or viral, and hang onto it. One time I had strep throat for a year and a half...antibiotics worked mostly, but it would always come back. I ended up having an amazing Japanese doctor who got rid of it literally overnight using gold and silver ball bearings.