• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

US folks, Check for unclaimed funds!

Dainty

I wanted to point everyone to this resource, which lists various non-scammy places you might find money owed you and be able to claim it: https://www.usa.gov/unclaimed-money

I didn't have any, but I found an unspecified "over $100" amount for both a family member and a friend, I'll know more if/when they file the claims to get it.

It's pretty easy to search for your name in every state where you've lived, and if your name has changed use all names you have gone by. You might get some money!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I wanted to point everyone to this resource, which lists various non-scammy places you might find money owed you and be able to claim it: https://www.usa.gov/unclaimed-money
Over the years I've found money about 3 times--once it was several hundred dollars! If you have deceased relatives, check their names too--the funds are collectible by their executor.

barbc56

Years ago, a friend told me they saw my name on one of these lists. It was in the legal section of our local newspaper. I ended up with $75.00. Unfortunately, it was so long ago, I can't remember the source of the money.

I've also received checks from retail stores where there were lawsuits for trade infringement.

Not to be negative, but I wonder if there are scams related to this. I did not have to sign up for anything. I just got checks in the mail with an explanation. I think one time a credit. These were well known stores but I hesitate to name them.:rolleyes:

Thanks @Dainty !

Edit. I can't figure out if this site also includes state tax refunds.

Edit. On the second page there are other sources. Some are by state.

Edit again. I just found money for my daughter. Under $100 but every bit counts. Should I charge her a finders fee?

Last edited:

Sushi

Over the years I've found money about 3 times--once it was several hundred dollars! If you have deceased relatives, check their names too--the funds are collectible by their executor.
I just found $50 - $100 that I can claim if I submit a bunch of documents--guess that's a plus and a minus! Reward but work.

Valentijn

$25-$50 refund coming to me from a health clinic back in Seattle :woot: Also found a couple childhood friends owed $100+, an aunt owed an unknown insurance premium refund, and another aunt and 2 uncles I'm not in contact with who each have claims totaling $2,000-$3,000. And some other relatives with fairly small change.

I also found out my grandmother died 3 years ago, who I haven't seen since I was a little kid :( Though we did write letters and she used to send me cards when I was a teenager.

I used my cellphone to take photos of my passport and an old medical bill sent to the relevant address to submit online with the claim. Not too hard.

Sushi

I used my cellphone to take photos of my passport and an old medical bill sent to the relevant address to submit online with the claim. Not too hard.
Great finds! Mine needs more work as it is from my father, my brother was his executor, my brother died and I was his executor! They want all sorts of documents including my mother's death certificate.