• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME Biobank protocol paper published (February 2017)

charles shepherd

The ME Biobank protocol paper is now published.

The reference and link is below

Lacerda, E M, Bowman, E W, Cliff, J M, Kingdon, C C, King, E C, Lee, J-S, Clark, T G, Dockrell, H M, Riley, E M, Curran, H and Nacul, L 2017

The UK ME/CFS Biobank for biomedical research on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) and Multiple Sclerosis.

Open Journal of Bioresources
4: 4,

DOI: https://doi.org/10.5334/ojb.28

The UK ME biobank is funded by the MEA Ramsay Research Fund

More information on the UK ME Biobank:

http://cureme.lshtm.ac.uk

Dr Charles Shepherd
Chairman - ME Biobank Steering Group

trishrhymes

Thank you.

Glanced through. Looks very professional.

Are we allowed to know what stage the application to Wellcome for funding for this has reached?

And dare I ask if anyone knows what has happened with the MEGA funding bid?

Barry53

Very promising.

Are people able to register as interested for participating in future recruitment?

Is the age limit of 60 a flat limit for all future recruitment, or is it re-evaluated for each recruitment?

charles shepherd

Thank you.

Glanced through. Looks very professional.

Are we allowed to know what stage the application to Wellcome for funding for this has reached?

And dare I ask if anyone knows what has happened with the MEGA funding bid?

As you are probably aware, the preliminary bid to the Wellcome Trust was mainly related to costings

As soon as we can make a progress report announcement regarding the Biobank bid I will let people know

I am not aware of any progress report in relation to the MEGA bid - apart from the fact that it was submitted on time

CS

charles shepherd

Very promising.

Are people able to register as interested for participating in future recruitment?

Is the age limit of 60 a flat limit for all future recruitment, or is it re-evaluated for each recruitment?

As soon as we require more blood donor volunteers (people with ME/CFS or MS and/or more healthy controls) we will make a further announcement on the ME Biobank website and on the MEA website

I suspect that inclusion and exclusion criteria for recruitment to the ME Biobank will remain the same as it is at present

CS