• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reaching a Theta->Delta meditative state to aid relaxation?

Bansaw

Long time ago I was able to reach what you would call a "meditative" state (what I would call a prayerful state) in which means that your brain moves into producing Theta waves, then Delta waves.
I then suffered post traumatic stress disorder and find this state pretty impossible to get to now.

Are there any supplements or things I can try to enable my body to once again reach this Theta,Delta state?
I think it would greatly help me in my recovery from CFS. I have tried many times but my brain seems just too active. After 40 mins of directed relaxation, I can get down to a relaxed state but nowhere near what I was able to achieve before.

Any comments?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Are there any supplements or things I can try to enable my body to once again reach this Theta,Delta state?
Have you tried Holosync? I think they have a free demo. The theory is that their (used to be a CD) recording takes you from Beta to Alpha, to Theta to Delta. (not sure if I have the order correct) I do find it relaxing.