• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help gum/tooth abcess need a natural remedy

douglasmich

So an abcess popped up today under my top tooth . I cannot take antbiotics due to MCS so i need to kill it ASAP naturally.

I have goldenseal powder and oregano oil liquid in gelcaps.

Is there anything i can do? some sort of topical? regards

Wayne

Hi @douglasmich,

Sorry to hear about your abscessed tooth. I like using DMSO, oregano oil, and sodium ascorbate powder for any kind of oral infection or sensitivity. A few drops of DMSO, which is a natural antibiotic, makes it easier for the gums and teeth to absorb the Vitamin C and oregano oil (or anything else like goldenseal) deep into the tooth and gums.

I use a few drops of DMSO, a single drop of oregano oil, and about a half teaspoon of sodium ascorbate. I slowly swish it in my mouth for about 5-10 minutes, and slowly begin to swallow the solution. It works really well, What works even better and faster is to brush your infected tooth with an MMS solution (chlorine dioxide). You probably don't have that on hand, but you could do a little googling if you wanted to check into how effective it's been for other users.

Best, Wayne

Jennifer J

Hi @douglasmich, sorry to hear about you abscess and that you can't do antibiotics due to MCS. I understand, I can't either due to angioedema.

@Wayne's suggestions sound good. I'd try his suggestions.

My limited experience with my own abscess, treatment depends on what is causing it. One required a root canal which I couldn't do. Another kind I get, the dentist pops it with a sterilized needle and drains it.

Then I use Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.12% oral rinse (I get an RX but I think it's also over the counter) 2 or 3 times a day, for 30 seconds and then spit out. My MCS hasn't been a problem with this, I'm not sure how yours will be.

Also, the dentist said instead of the Chlorhexidine I could use warm salt water. Dependingly, sometimes I briefly rinse and hold it in my mouth then spit it out, other times I soak for 20 minutes. I've done that for several infections and they have subsided.

I hope you find something that works for you. Let us know. Good luck.

Last edited:

douglasmich

Hey guys

This is all i have on me

http://au.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Oregano-Oil-90-Softgels/731

If i crack open a gel cap there is about 3-4 drops. VERY potent i used it straight on my mouth and it burnt me !

What do you think of this protocal.

Morning: Oil pull with coconut oil + drop oregano for 20min then spit

Lunch: Mouthwash with drop oregano + tsp olive oil (then swallow ? )

Dinner: Mouthwash with drop oregano + tsp olive oil ( then swallow?)

Before bed: Brush teeth with drop of oregano + toothpaste then do a salt water mouth wash

I tried applying the oregano directly on the abcess but my saliva just washes it away !

Any help appreciated. All i have oregano oil and some goldenseal. Taking these oral would crash me so topical is best...

regards

Rand56

I'm dealing with a loose back molar, and slight pain that comes and goes. I just started trying this natural remedy a couple days ago. I can't afford to lose it because I had the adjacent tooth extracted, and I do not want to go down the root canal route which my dentist will recommend. Also taking some K2.

Mix 2 teaspoons of TSP <trisodium phosphate> with 6 tablespoons of baking soda in 24 oz. of water. I got the TSP at Lowe's, a 1 lb, box for under $4. Just take 1 oz. or less and swish this solution in your mouth, anywhere from 2-5 minutes. I don't know if this will work for me, but I'm willing to try in hopes to save the tooth. This is a 9 minute video....

IreneF

I'm dealing with a loose back molar, and slight pain that comes and goes. I just started trying this natural remedy a couple days ago. I can't afford to lose it because I had the adjacent tooth extracted, and I do not want to go down the root canal route which my dentist will recommend. Also taking some K2.

Mix 2 teaspoons of TSP <trisodium phosphate> with 6 tablespoons of baking soda in 24 oz. of water. I got the TSP at Lowe's, a 1 lb, box for under $4. Just take 1 oz. or less and swish this solution in your mouth, anywhere from 2-5 minutes. I don't know if this will work for me, but I'm willing to try in hopes to save the tooth. This is a 9 minute video....

Please be careful. TSP is an industrial chemical. At least find it in a pharmaceutical grade.

My dentist recommended I rinse my mouth with 1/4 to 1/2 tsp baking soda in a cup of water after I eat or drink anything acidic (coffee, fruit, ....) because my enamel is eroding.

Personally, I think salt water is best for an infection. It won't damage the membranes in your mouth.

IreneF

I haven't tried these personally, but some ideas you could look into:
  • White oak bark
  • Bloodroot (Redroot?) - Found this in a mouthwash while searching for white oak bark. However I read somewhere that it might be somewhat toxic.

Probably not useful in emergency situations, but there was another thread about an oral probiotic that may support dental health: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/oral-probiotics-to-clear-your-head.42606/
Bloodroot is toxic, and may cause oral cancer.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanguinaria#Uses

rosie26

abcess is gone.
wow, pleased for you it has gone. I had an abscess under a bottom wisdom tooth in my late teens and the pain was horrendous. I'll never forget it as the pain went all up the side of my head. I had the tooth removed and that was one painful tooth removal even after having been given 5-6 shots of anesthetic.