• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with MSA Gut Microbiota Results!

Hi everyone. I just received my Gut Microbiota results from MSA. They mean little to me and wondered if anyone could shed some light on what they mean. You can view the two pages of results here:

Report MSA M15 1044_Page_1.jpg

Last edited:

Thinktank

Sorry i'm no expert but from the MSA tests that i have seen yours is the best. Are you vegetarian?
You have some overgrowth of clostridium XIVa and low bifidobacterium.

Has your PGE2 also been measured?

Thanks Thinktank.

Prostaglandine E2: 90.04 (normal range 0.7 - 6.5)

My d-lactate and l-lactate were also signficantly raised.

sarah darwins

My d-lactate and l-lactate were also signficantly raised.
Mine, too. I sort of know how this comes about but I'm not sure what effects those elevated levels have (it was explained to me and I've forgotten, and web searches aren't getting me very far on that). If anyone's able to offer a D/L-lactate primer, or links to one, that would be very welcome.

Sorry Thinktank I didn't answer one of your questions. I'm not a vegetarian. I have been avoiding simple sugars and carbs for several months now though.