• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Suggestions for best organizations to donate to

Hi,

Someone close to me is a partner in a business and they want to make a regular/ongoing donations for ME/CFS research and asked me to chose one.

What are your favorite or most promising choices?

I want something that looks impressive and will be around for a long time.

OMF? Lipkin Columbia group?

I need to tell them today so thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Thank you Bob! So many new promising studies out it's hard to keep track.

Part of me is swayed to give them the OMF page instead of the Lipkin one only due to the fact that it looks better for those who don't follow the disease and want to feel like they are involved in something big,

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
The OMF would be the hands down winner for me. I would also consider the Solve ME/CFS Initiative as their biobank has made some great research possible.

Thank you NGU! That makes me feel good because I actually gave them the OMF link and we both already received a very nice personalized email sharing that a donation was made in my honor and a message to me. It also explained the work they do.

It really does help to have a good experience with the donating process.

The Biobank one looks great too and I will save that one too.

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
That's good to know. Thank you for sending your donor friend to the OMF. If they just get enough money to follow through on their plans we will all be in much better shape!