• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Short video on Wheldon protocol for Chlamydia Pneumonaie in MS

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi, this is a great video about the theory of CPN bacterial infection as a cause of MS - but very interesting for anoyne with Cpn diagnosis.

I have been diagnosed with Chlamydia Pneumoniae infection and have many MS symptoms, although I have never seen a neuro despite many neurological issues. Instead I have the catch all diagnosis of M.E.

The video swerves off to discuss H Pylori briefly in the middle, but comes back to Cpn again after that. It has a transcript below the video for anyone who prefers that method.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3572695.htm

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
wow very interesting, again its evidence based medicine, profits of big pharma and old school thoughts that are hard to crack.

thanks for sharing.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Theres treatments i have seen of late for MS with chemotherapy and stem cell transplants. I wonder if this sort of treatment it treating CPN and the blood vessels??

Abha

Abha
Hi, this is a great video about the theory of CPN bacterial infection as a cause of MS - but very interesting for anoyne with Cpn diagnosis.

Thanks for the post Justy.Like you I have Cpn infection too.The IgG is positive(past exposure----no serological evidence of a recent exposure).Dr Jadin(Jo'burg) marked "in the tissues"(mine) beside the positive part of the result.I too have many symptoms similar to MS.It would be interesting to know if anybody on this site has followed Dr Wheldon's Protocol and how they have fared.In the past I followed two years of various antibiotics(plus other drugs?)as advised by Dr Jadin(mainly for Rickettsia treatment/and my condition).I am considering trying this type of treatment again for a longer period.Dr Wheldon also mentions Lyme/Rickettsia on one of his pages.The video was interesting too.I wonder how Dr Wheldon's wife is faring today.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@justy I've tested positive for CPN and M Pneumonia. I'm going to try Roxi and see if that helps any. I didn't have much luck with Bactrim and I felt pretty unwell from doxycycline which maybe was die off? I have crap load of neuro problems.

justy

@justy I've tested positive for CPN and M Pneumonia. I'm going to try Roxi and see if that helps any. I didn't have much luck with Bactrim and I felt pretty unwell from doxycycline which maybe was die off? I have crap load of neuro problems.
Have you read up on the protocol at cpnhelp.org? I believe it requires a number of antibiotics at once. Not sure which abx roxi is? good luck anyway, and yes Doxy is well known to cause herx, especially if you have Lyme as well I think.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I've seen the protocol there but there is a thread here about using Roxi and bactrim for 5 weeks to treat Lyme's. I don't know if I have Lymes but I thought I'd give the Roxithromycin (sp?) with bactrim to see if I kill anything. I could never tolerate all those Abx at once on multiple fronts.

justy

I've seen the protocol there but there is a thread here about using Roxi and bactrim for 5 weeks to treat Lyme's. I don't know if I have Lymes but I thought I'd give the Roxithromycin (sp?) with bactrim to see if I kill anything. I could never tolerate all those Abx at once on multiple fronts.
I think the point of the multiple drug combo is to target all the different forms that cpn can take. Not taking the correct drugs targeted for that illness will not work. Have you a doctor you can work with, treating these infections can be hard.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I understand why so many, I just don't think I can handle it. And I have multiple things
Going on that could benefit from ABX

I have a doc. She supports what I do.

helen1

I've just started Buhner's herbal protocol for c.pneu following sphinx's success on the cpn forum. I've added die-off countering supplements from Weldon and Buhner as well as increasing my coffee enemas.

I'm on day 5 and so far I'm doing surprisingly okay. I thought I'd get hit by die-off but I guess I started low enough and with enough die-off supports. I'm using these for die-off:

Ginger tea - one thumb-sized piece of ginger daily grated & steeped in boiling water 2-3 hrs
Isatis - 20 drops x3
Quercetin - 500 mg (is an efflux pump inhibitor and counters the proinflammatory cytokines in macrophages)
Vitamin C - 2 g x2
GLA from evening primrose oil (may defend against endotoxin damage, especially peripheral neuropathy; only in cell and animal studies though).
NAC (the usually limiting factor in glutathione synthesis)

I realize sphinx did use abx for quite a while before doing the herbal protocol. But he does say he thinks the herbal one got him fully recovered. If anyone's interested I can post his protocol. My apologies for somewhat detracting from the thread topic.

Does anyone know of any other good die-off supports?

Last edited:

sarah darwins

By chance I happened upon this letter to the BMJ in 2007 from a retired consultant pathologist, John E Tovey, which posits Chlamydia pneumoniae as a potantial cause in some cases of ME and also questions the NICE guidelines for discouraging doctors from looking for infectious agents in ME cases.

full letter here: http://www.bmj.com/rapid-response/2...tion-treatable-cause-chronic-fatigue-syndrome

The Editor
British Medical Journal

CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME OR MYALGIC ENCEPHALOMYELITIS

In your Editorial (BMJ 2007; 335: 411-2), relating to the NICE
clinical guidelines which appeared later in the Journal, you state “We
remain unsure of the causes”. In the guidelines also there is no mention
of the possibility of an infective cause, or of the possible role of
antibiotics in the treatment. NICE remarks that the attending physician
does not need to look for evidence of bacterial or viral infection unless
there has been clinical evidence of such an infection. However, such
evidence can be so mild as to escape mention by the patient. There is
evidence in the literature (1,2,3,4) and considerable anecdotal evidence
(See website www.Cpnhelp.org) that Chlamydia pneumoniae (Cpn) infection
may be the cause in some cases of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and of the
linked syndrome Polymyalgia Rheumatica (Fibromyalgia), and also that a
trial course of antibiotics is worthwhile(3,4).

Cpn infection is common and frequently involves more than one member
of the family. It exists in two forms. In the initial stage it is
transmitted in an extra cellular form by coughing and may give rise to flu
-like attacks, separated by weeks of continual coughing, often resulting
in chronic laryngitis. In the later stage it changes to being an
intracellular infection, which may be asymptomatic, persisting for life,
or may give rise to symptoms. In the intracellular form the organisms,
coccal in shape, multiply within vacuoles; their cell walls are deficient.
They act on mitochondria, depriving them of ATP; this curtails production
of energy, resulting in symptoms dependent on the cells affected - in
brain and muscle cells, this could result in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and
in the CNS result in Multiple Sclerosis ...