• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What are the discount codes for i-herb?

Gingergrrl

I've been meaning to ask this for a while but kept forgetting. I noticed that many of you guys have a discount code for i-herb. I just looked at their website and it looks great. Is it better than ordering from Amazon and how do you get a discount code?

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I sometimes get things from iHerb in better condition than on Amazon (especially if from a third-party seller: I've sometimes gotten something with a broken lid or something like that, through Amazon).

from iHerb if I order a certain amount, the shipping is free. From Amazon if I want several things and am particular about the brand or ingredients, it tends to come from several different Marketplace sellers, so it's harder to get free shipping deals.

Nonetheless, if I have one or two things and it's a better price or I waited too long to order and it's something they stock in Prime, I will order from Amazon. There are also other places, but I don't tend to have a lot of energy for shopping around.

You have to place an order at iHerb to get your own discount code to share. Then if someone uses it, you will get a credit of an amount from their marketing budget (not related to the amount someone buys).

A discount code can be used only on the first order and only by someone who does not share an address with a current iHerb customer.

(my iHerb code is WNR209, but don't feel obligated to use it).

Gingergrrl

@WillowJ Thanks for all the info and I may use your iHerb discount code in the future. How much of a discount would I get on my first order? And then I assume after that, I'd get my own discount code for all my future orders?

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
@WillowJ Thanks for all the info and I may use your iHerb discount code in the future. How much of a discount would I get on my first order? And then I assume after that, I'd get my own discount code for all my future orders?

The discount works only on a first order. It's an incentive to establish an account. The discount is either $5 or $10, depending on the size of your order.

After that you get a discount code to share with others (you cannot use it yourself: it can be used only for a first order by someone else)--the company is hoping you will advertise for them. :)

@heapsreal explains it here and there is more discussion on that thread

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Many of us in the US also use Vitacost as they have a huge inventory, free shipping to the US if you order a certain amount ($49?). Iherb has better customer service in my experience but Vitacost often beats them on price. Vitacost has regular sales, so I wait till they offer me at least 10% off before placing an order. They email these sale offers to customers.

Sushi

taniaaust1

Www.pureformulas.com has free shipping, free returns,'you get points for free money and there is a referral program. If you spend $35 you get 10% off and they always have sales and discount codes and they are cheaper than iherb on lots of things.

Interesting... it says they do international too and says free all orders. Maybe this would be an option instead of iherb for Australians too? (unless Ive missed something).