• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sleep: waking up to a racing mind?

place

Be Strong!
I have this weird symptom where I wake up and my mind is racing, lately it has been 6 in the morning.

When my mind races, I always have a song playing in the background (not kidding, sometimes its songs I don't even like) and about half the time I some how get on a topic that makes me mad.

It used to be affiliated with my sinus infections, If I woke up like this, I knew that in less than 6 -8 hours I would be on the caoch with sinus fatigue and pain. However, I don't currently have sinus issues or infections (haven't for a while)

Have scientist figured it out? If not, what is your thoughts on it's cause?

Many Thanks

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have that a lot, the racing thoughts. Sometimes I know around 8 pm it's going to happen. I have posts here where I talk about waking up at 3 in the morning with Daft Punk running through my head. And I don't listen to music so not a clue where that comes from.

I have no idea what it is linked to or how to stop it. When it happens I just know I'm not going to sleep.

Misfit Toy

So, the general consensus is, those with CFS/Me have minds that are hyper. Overall, we have a hyper active system going on in general. Neurologically speaking, etc. I know it doesn't seem that way since we are exhausted, but my brain is always churning in spite of exhaustion and I have songs going on when things are really spinning. Lately, I have had the band, "The Sunday's" going on.

For me, it's hormonal. But, I also have problems with moods, etc during a sinus infection. Infections get into the brain. I believe that and I know I have that going on. I have tinnitus and I am sure it's from an infection. Many have these symptoms you are describing and they are constantly trying to get away from over stimulation because of it. Like misfiring synapses constantly going off. Too much noise in the brain.

PNR2008

I hear a radio playing in the next room when my BP is low but the ping ping in my brain means don't walk around because weakness and syncopy is lurking. Tinnitus is normal to me, it sounds like white noise.

I went to a discount store and little kids were acting like little kids but their voices went through me like a blade or people dragging their feet, someone klumping their heels. I know I've forgotten the klonopin and must get home to a dark quiet room

Watching TV for 2 hours, my favorite shows and hearing the same stupid commercial 5 times. OMG am I going mental?

manna

ive found the "meridian clock" to be heplpfull in understanding, partly, why i wake at certain times during the night and why i have downtimes, or a strong need to sleep, during the day. at the moment the colon's high/recharging phase, in the uk, is between 5.30- 7.30 a.m.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
So, the general consensus is, those with CFS/Me have minds that are hyper. Overall, we have a hyper active system going on in general. Neurologically speaking, etc. I know it doesn't seem that way since we are exhausted, but my brain is always churning in spite of exhaustion and I have songs going on when things are really spinning. Lately, I have had the band, "The Sunday's" going on.

For me, it's hormonal. But, I also have problems with moods, etc during a sinus infection. Infections get into the brain. I believe that and I know I have that going on. I have tinnitus and I am sure it's from an infection. Many have these symptoms you are describing and they are constantly trying to get away from over stimulation because of it. Like misfiring synapses constantly going off. Too much noise in the brain.

I have a lot of this too Misfit. Mild Tinnitus, brain constantly going. I feel like I have ADD, always got 3 things going at once.

I also think I have inflammation in my brain, had it for a long time. It's fun! NOT.