• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Bradstreet

Thomas

I'm a patient of his. Great guy and doctor all around and I'm sure we will eventually make progress in my condition. Are there any other patients of his on this forum? If so, what are your thoughts on his latest treatment idea of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation or as he calls is MRT as done at the Brain Treatment Center with Dr. Jin?

He thinks it could be helpful but I am reluctant. Any thoughts from others here?

Cheers,

Thomas

*GG*

I know of a person getting that treatment done here in NH, she is in the medical field, but is not longer working due to her disability. Does the treatment vary much? Different manufacturers for the machines? Different protocols depending upon the symptoms? Etc?

GG

Thomas

Hi @ggingues How is she doing with the treatment so far? Any improvement?
According to Dr. Bradstreet their approach at the Brain Treatment Center is slightly different as they developed a new algorithm or something that they believe to be more effective than conventional rTMS - but I personally have no clue if that is correct or not I am just going on what I hear.

I'm not sure regarding different manufacturers or anything. As for symptoms, they do a brain mapping EEG (and other things) before treatment to asses what type of treatment to do.

Even though I have soooo many other symptoms going on (POTS/OI, weight loss, fatigue, balance issues, exhaustion, life long IBS, hypermobility) other than neurocognitive ones, it is still a therapy that very much interests me as my neurocognitive issues are the most disabling and of course I do have secondary depression/anxiety/ptsd issues.

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
I'm a patient of his. Great guy and doctor all around and I'm sure we will eventually make progress in my condition. Are there any other patients of his on this forum? If so, what are your thoughts on his latest treatment idea of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation or as he calls is MRT as done at the Brain Treatment Center with Dr. Jin?

He thinks it could be helpful but I am reluctant. Any thoughts from others here?

Cheers,

Thomas
Thomas may want to go on Google and research Dr. Bradstreet when he was in Florida. Evidently was involved in a lawsuit there on treatment of a child. Don't know any details.
I had considered seeing him also. He is not too far from me.

San Diego #1

Thomas

Thanks @SanDiego#1 i did that before seeing him but figured all these docs are surrounded by controversy. I did gcmaf and a fecal transplant with him. None helped. Unfortunately now the rTMS seems most interesting. I wish he was into it when i first saw him and wasn't as sick as I am now. I looked at your profile page and noticed you were diagnosed in 1990 so you obviously have a lot more wisdom into these things than I do.

My one wish throughout my ME journey so far other than not resting enough at the beginning, was doing the fecal transplant. It crashed me hard - i think.

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
Thanks @SanDiego#1 i did that before seeing him but figured all these docs are surrounded by controversy. I did gcmaf and a fecal transplant with him. None helped. Unfortunately now the rTMS seems most interesting. I wish he was into it when i first saw him and wasn't as sick as I am now. I looked at your profile page and noticed you were diagnosed in 1990 so you obviously have a lot more wisdom into these things than I do.

My one wish throughout my ME journey so far other than not resting enough at the beginning, was doing the fecal transplant. It crashed me hard - i think.

Thomas I am not familiar with the procedure you are talking about. I do know some are talking about deep Brain Stimulation. However most of my Dr think anything invasive when you are really down or on a downward spiral-which I assume you were when you had Fecal transplant can be dangerous. Anything right now sets me off. Stress, Dr. apt any changes. I just have to back away from everything. The one thing that has helped the last few months is Hydroxy B-12, inj. (sub-Q) CPAP Breathing sleep apnea machine. And some other herbal formulas. .

If you want to Private message me I will list some of the things I do.I agree with you about the controversy on many of the Dr..

San Diego #1

Best

Thomas

@SanDiego#1 yes you're probably right. It doesn't take much to push an ME patient around. Bradstreet now knows that his ME patients are wayyy more sensitive than even his autistic children patients. I will message you, thanks for the offer :)

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
@SanDiego#1 yes you're probably right. It doesn't take much to push an ME patient around. Bradstreet now knows that his ME patients are wayyy more sensitive than even his autistic children patients. I will message you, thanks for the offer :)

Thomas- Having problems with getting PM to go through.. Also am on my way out door to meeting.
Before I would go with anything considering the Brain with Bradstreet, I would see a Neurologist and have a Brain MRI.
This is a serious thing and don't know what his qualification are. You could have a stroke or many other entities from this.
A good Neurologist here in Atlanta if that is where you are is Leslie Kelman on Johnson Ferry Rd in North Atlanta. That way you can rule out first any Neurological issues before doing the test with Bradstreet.

Also= I would start using Health Rising Website instead of Phoenix. I rarely use Phoenix anymore as they are all too negative. Cort Johnson who started Phoenix is really up on everything and now runs Health Rising. I will try to PM you in the AM tomorrow.

Please have the Neuro workup before Bradstreet does anything on you.
My Profile has totally changed since it was put up. Not seeing Cheney anymore.

Talk to you tomorrow. May want to list what you are taking.

Best San Diego