• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

redlabs MSA vs metametrix GI comprehensive

I hope people with more knowledge could share their insights and discuss it.:thumbsup:
All this time ive seen recommendation, superiority of MSA Redlabs over GI metatametrix comprehensive test.
But what im confused about after I look at the result example from both labs I see that redlabs check only for bacteria though more specific/throurough than metametrix. But it doesnt include yeast/fungal, parasite and other things which is in metametrix test such as:
Short&long chain fatty acids, inflammation, lactoferrin, immunology, fecal siga, elastase1, triglycerides, putrefactive scfa.

(Although for parasite metamerix use opr method which is no good especially for overseas patient due to shipment anyway.)
However I still dont get it. Is redlabs MSA better than metametrix GI comprehensive test? Could someone explain more throurough on this matter?
Thank you. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
But what im confused about after I look at the result example from both labs I see that redlabs check only for bacteria though more specific/throurough than metametrix. But it doesnt include yeast/fungal, parasite and other things which is in metametrix test such as:
Short&long chain fatty acids, inflammation, lactoferrin, immunology, fecal siga, elastase1, triglycerides, putrefactive scfa.
R.E.D. Laboratories has a separate test for parasites and such.