• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mineral Interference

acrosstheveil

I have begun taking a ton of minerals lately which have been a great deal of help but I have to wonder if I am wasting some of my supplements by taking certain minerals at the same time. For example, I know molybdenum displaces copper so I try to take those apart but I do not know about all the other minerals I am taking.

Here is what I am taking:

• copper
  • manganese
  • zinc
  • boron
  • molybdenum
  • magnesium
  • selenium
  • lithium orotate
Please feel free to talk about any other minerals that may interfere with each other as well. I'd like to compile a list of all minerals that displace each other if possible.

rosie26

I think a mineral supplement I took in the first 2-3 years of ME helped me. I stopped taking it and wished I had of continued with it all the way through. I have just started taking it again. It has 26 minerals in seawater base.
Hydrogen
Boron
Oxygen
Carbon
Iodine
Silicon
magnesium
vanadium
Calcium
Iron
Potassium
Selenium
Zinc
Molybdenum
nickel
Tin
Copper
manganese
Phosphorus
Chromium
Chlorine
Sulphur
Cobalt
Sodium
Fluorine
Nitrogen

I read that minerals are the foundation and if you can get them right the vitamins fall into place, as the body makes most of the vitamins except for A,C,E if I remember correctly ?- Sounds simple but is complex. As I say I wish I had continued taking this supplement all the way through my 12 years. I'm glad I came across this supplement as I don't have to try and work it all out. And getting a good variety of minerals in one go.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@rosie26 is your mineral just in NZ? Yours has iron which I can't take. You do know it can constipated you?

When I was doing DMPS chelation I took a multi mineral. I think it was Integrative Therapeutics. I ll look when I'm on my computer.

The minerals I take are for osteopenia.

I also just remembered it took me a long time to find the one I have because I can't tolerate some minerals. I had to buy each one separately to find which ones I could handle.

rosie26

With my head inflammation @minkeygirl everything has to be easy to work out. So this 26 mineral one takes all the head work out of it for me. it is a made in NZ one. I don't thing I could ever do methylation not with my appalling zombie like thinking. I am finding kiwi fruit help okay with the constipation, so luckily the constipation isn't a real problematic one. I think I need iron. You know how you know that you know.

It's so complex isn't it - wish we knew all the right doses and how to get the right balance with them all. x :D

I think it's important if you can get the minerals in Minkey - makes sense to get the foundation right first, from what I have read - but I am no expert on it.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have the same neuro issues as you @rosie26. I only have one working brain cell named Earl.

I tried methylation few years ago and failed miserably. Now I have an NP who is leading the way. Still things happen so I rely on smart people here who's brains work.

With my Ibs-c I have to watch what I eat. I'm going to totally pay for eating pizza today. I hope it was worth it.

I'm kind of at my saturation point for taking supplements. I don't think I can take one more right now. When I get like this I have a hard time taking what I have let alone add more.

I've been struggling for a week and I'm sure it's something I'm taking so I have to figure that out. I'm not anxious to add something new to the mix.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I hear ya. Struggling with air hunger. It feels like someone sucked the air out of my lungs. The fatigue is crippling and it feels like Air is pumped into my skull.

The last time this happened it was something I was taking. I've eliminated new stuff so now back to old.

Can you say fog?

acrosstheveil

i've had air hunger pretty bad as well from lyme/coinfections. the best thing I found for clearing up the lungs/air hunger is potassium iodide. I take 6 grams a day. Took me a couple years to build up to that dose but if you just take a gram it should work pretty well. It is amazing for the sinuses as well. pascalite works well too.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Every time I've had it, it was a reaction to something I was talking, without fail. I'm stopping everything I'm taking (as much as I can anyway) and go from there.

acrosstheveil

this illness (whatever it is?) is very frustrating. things that used to be of great benefit to me in the past now cause severe allergic reactions bordering on anaphylactic shock. it is very disturbing.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I Know. I had been taking the tizanidine with no problems for a few weeks so it didn't occur to me that was it.

WhT scares me more is what if it isn't something I'm taking. The fatigue from this is crippling.

acrosstheveil

the visual snow/hallucinations are the scariest symptom i experience...along with the vasconstriction, chest pains, and severe migraines that feel like i'm going to stroke out or have a heart attack. i keep spending more and more money but it just gets worse and worse. I'm taking so many herbals you would think i'd turn into superman...but no...

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I either feel like I'm on speed, get a migraine or this latest thing where it feels like someone has sucked the air out of my lungs. It feels like the lack of oxygen causes the fatigue and brain fog. Like someone pumped air into my skull.

But I have it all the time right now so I'm stumped. If stopping stuff doesn't help then what? That scares the crap out of me.

I have some singulair. Which seems to help me feel like I'm getting more oxygen but it's just a bandaid.

acrosstheveil

i used to only get this with certain bad foods i'd eat. but now it seems to be happening with everything i eat? everyone keeps telling me i'm too skinny and i keep losing more and more weight but i can't seem to eat anything with out getting deathly reactions. . I hope we get some answers soon.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I fortunately have no problems with food, but a lot of people here do. That has to be so hard.

I think we have to look for answers ourselves. Listen to what others have tried and figure out what we want to do to help ourselves.

I think if we wait for doctors to figure this out, well it's not going to be soon enough. We have to help ourselves.

rosie26

the visual snow/hallucinations are the scariest symptom i experience...along with the vasconstriction, chest pains, and severe migraines that feel like i'm going to stroke out or have a heart attack. i keep spending more and more money but it just gets worse and worse. I'm taking so many herbals you would think i'd turn into superman...but no...

@acrosstheveil I know what you mean about feeling like you are going to have a stroke or a heart attack. It is the same as me. I have felt like I could die of this illness so many times it's not funny. Hopefully in the next few years we will get some answers from researchers.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I've been dealing with feeling my heart beat of a few months. I had an EKG which was fine. I have Propranalol which helps calm it down so I can sleep.

I'm pretty convinced it's the viruses that are causing this but at some point, I'll get a Holter Monitor, if I haven't figured something out before then.