• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain and spasms - Doctor in the UK - near London?

nomad

Anyone interested in a London Support group?
Any suggestions please, I have ME with Fibromylagia. I'm looking for someone who can help me manage the condition by prescribing muscle relaxants (Lyrica, Methocarbamol), and also Clonazepam for use only on the days when I get a flare.

I'm getting very frustrated with my GP, who's relecutant to prescribe anything stronger then AD;s. I've recently started seeing a nuero but all tests negative thus far. She wants to wait till he's finished, but that will take another five months.

I have the wired, burnt out sensations from sensory overload. And severe muscle cramping. Any recommendations for a private doctor in London or nearby would be very gratefully received.

ukxmrv

Maybe consider the FM clinic at this hospital

http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/our-services/rheumatology/specialties/fibromyalgia/patients.aspx

When I saw Prof Davies there he had an interest in new drug treatments and was prescribing things like Lyrica for patients. There were a number of newer drugs he had an interest in. Also I was prescribed Clonazepam by a colleague of his there.

It's possible that Prof Davies has left as I did hear he was retiring but not been seen there for a while.

nomad

Anyone interested in a London Support group?
Maybe consider the FM clinic at this hospital

http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/our-services/rheumatology/specialties/fibromyalgia/patients.aspx

When I saw Prof Davies there he had an interest in new drug treatments and was prescribing things like Lyrica for patients. There were a number of newer drugs he had an interest in. Also I was prescribed Clonazepam by a colleague of his there.

It's possible that Prof Davies has left as I did hear he was retiring but not been seen there for a while.

Thanks ukxmrv, Prof Davis has since died. I did try and see if there was any other consultant who worked there that I could see privately. At present, my GP is reluctant to refer me to rheumatolgy as I'm currently seeing a nuero. I've not yet received a diagnosis, as neurologist is still doing tests.

Do you know the name of the colleague you saw, I could try and see if they're practicing privately.