• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN in the morning

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I started taking .5 mgs LDN a few days ago. I feel great on it but it is completely screwing up my sleep.

I know you can take it in the morning, but I'm not sure what time is best.

Can anyone who takes it in the morning advise me?

Thanks

Iquitos

The doc who originally found LDN helps the immune system (sorry, forgot his name) said he was sorry he ever told people to take it at night, that any time that works is fine.

So why not just experiment with the timing? When I was taking LDN I took it in the afternoon.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I've been reading and saw where they recommend people with ME/CFS take it in the morning.

I didn't sleep again last night, so I don't think it was the LDN since its out of our system in a few hours. Once My sleep gets back to normal again I'm going to take in the morning.

But some say no matter when they take it it messes up their sleep. But it really helped me so I'm going to figure this out.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I've been reading and saw where they recommend people with ME/CFS take it in the morning.

I didn't sleep again last night, so I don't think it was the LDN since its out of our system in a few hours. Once My sleep gets back to normal again I'm going to take in the morning.

But some say no matter when they take it it messes up their sleep. But it really helped me so I'm going to figure this out.

Clearing time for LDN varies a lot. Some only take it every 2nd or 3rd day as it takes that long to clear their system. So it is possible that the LDN is still affecting your sleep. I found the the sleep disturbance lasted 4 or 5 days every time I increased the dose--until I got to 3 mg and then it began to help sleep.

Sushi

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Oh good to know. I'll give it another shot but in the am. I also have another issue so I have to figure out if its the LDN. That might go away too.