• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMaf and colds

Hi, I started GcMaf in June. Had strong IRIS (? severe weakness and debilitation off and on) at .1cc, dropped to .05cc for a few weeks now back up to .1cc. I've had the cold from hell for six days. I almost never get colds since I fell ill in 1992ish. Last one was more than 8 years ago. I've heard there is a bad cold going around but this has floored me for 6 or 7 days.

My doc said it could be related to GcMaf getting my immune system working better, causing inflammation, stirring up the lesser pathogens -- lesser is my word -- anyway wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I haven't come close to leaving the apt since Saturday, which is rare for me. I've a moderate case of ME so I do get out but really I'm a semi-invalid.

Thanks!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi, I started GcMaf in June. Had strong IRIS (? severe weakness and debilitation off and on) at .1cc, dropped to .05cc for a few weeks now back up to .1cc. I've had the cold from hell for six days. I almost never get colds since I fell ill in 1992ish. Last one was more than 8 years ago. I've heard there is a bad cold going around but this has floored me for 6 or 7 days.

My doc said it could be related to GcMaf getting my immune system working better, causing inflammation, stirring up the lesser pathogens -- lesser is my word -- anyway wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I haven't come close to leaving the apt since Saturday, which is rare for me. I've a moderate case of ME so I do get out but really I'm a semi-invalid.

Thanks!

How many nanograms of GcMAF are you taking?

Sushi

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Thanks!

After, chatting it does indeed sound like you caught a cold! We need a "congratulation-on-your-cold" emoticon!

:thumbsup:
Sushi

GcMAF Australia

With the Lyme community they find that a cold comes with getting better!
They celebrate - so is a paradox that people can celebrate feeling bloody awful :)
so congratulations