• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

4 ME

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Just wondering if anyone has tried this immune modulator and had any success or otherwise?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Just wondering if anyone has tried this immune modulator and had any success or otherwise?

Many of us take either 4ME or the American version Nexavir and do find that it helps. But you have to take it for quite awhile to see results. I inject it 3 times a week and find it makes a real difference.

Best,
Sushi

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thanks Sushi do you know if it is the same thing as Nexavir? There are so many of these things on the market(IM's), I know KdM used to prescribe Nexavir, which Enlander still does, why would he change it??

Sushi

Thanks Sushi do you know if it is the same thing as Nexavir? There are so many of these things on the market(IM's), I know KdM used to prescribe Nexavir, which Enlander still does, why would he change it??

It is the same as Nexavir except it has less phenol (preservative) in it. Enlander prescribes something similiar but bovine not porcine. Also, 4 ME comes in a 2 ml vial whereas Nexavir comes in a multi-dose vial with a rubber top. I believe this packaging is no longer legal in Europe.

4 ME is less expensive for patients in Europe and the phenol is an issue for some. These are some of the reasons for the change.

Sushi

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Well thanks so much for that Sushi, just what I wanted to know.
Its a bind this ban on multi dose phials, you see we're deemed too unhygienic to have one in the house, probably won't wash hands etc. honestly the EU is a stupid dictatorship.

Sushi

Well thanks so much for that Sushi, just what I wanted to know.
Its a bind this ban on multi dose phials, you see we're deemed too unhygienic to have one in the house, probably won't wash hands etc. honestly the EU is a stupid dictatorship.

Yes, I use multi-dose vials for Nexavir and Hydrox B12. If they have preservatives in them (I don't use a multi-dose unless it does--a compromise, but....) and you clean to rubber top with rubbing alcohol, wash your hands etc. it seems to be fine, and easier to use.

Sushi

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
You are right, it is stupid, but one good thing: it is less expensive!
Before: one shot cost me 15 euros, now only 9! Big difference for me!
For me, it works quite nice. I have a shot every day and I feel " better" / "not to bad": Less pain, but still foggy.

For my foggy state, I, maybe,
will try "think clear" from kalidashop.

Have a nice day

Clodomir

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Clodomir - do you know off the top of your head what is in the 'think clear', brain fog/inflammation is one of my worst symptoms, I could probably drive short distances if I wasn't so woolly headed.

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
Hello,

Kdm proposed me to try because I have problems to concentrate myself. For the moment, I have a guinea pig: my husband ( who is not ill) but find it helpfull.
What is in it? Martek dha powder 100mg, gingko biloba leaf extract 60mg, vinpocetine 15mg, huperzine A 50mcg
Other: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, rice floour, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxyde, water
Just read it

After a few day, my husband feels "better". More clear in the morning, following him...

For inflammation, 4ME or nexavir is really helpfull in my case.

Have a good day

Clodomir