• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valcyte and menstrual periods

vli

Any menstruating females on valcyte (sorry, i had to make it clear):

I've been having 3 actual periods (not just "spotting") since starting valcyte on 7th Dec, the last one having started today. This is worrying to me because it's only the 11th Jan. Has anyone experienced this??? Help!

RUkiddingME

Any menstruating females on valcyte (sorry, i had to make it clear):

I've been having 3 actual periods (not just "spotting") since starting valcyte on 7th Dec, the last one having started today. This is worrying to me because it's only the 11th Jan. Has anyone experienced this??? Help!

Hi vli, sorry I can't help...yet. I just sarted Valcyte 6 days ago. My period last month was the worst ever so I hope Valcyte won't make that worse. I'm 44. I'm taking 900 mg bid and so far it's like taking candy. Hope I can tolerate it. How are you doing with it besides the wacky periods?

SOC

vli
I don't think the Valcyte is likely to be a factor. FWIW, neither daughter nor I had menstrual changes while taking Valcyte.

You might want to get checked for uterine polyps, though. They cause bleeding that looks like off-cycle menstrual bleeding. If you leave it too long, you can lose a lot of blood most PWME can't afford to do without. ;)

ukxmrv

Not on the Valcyte.

On MAF878 I had a totally wierd month of deep bleeding, then stopping, deed bleeding then stopping. Totally unusual for me and has not happened since Is stopped the MAF878.

Be interesting to know why some things hit us in this way.