• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

STEM CELL TRANSPLANTS - AUTOLOGOUS- from abdo fat

Allyson

Hi,
at least one person I know of here in Australia has had a stem cell transplant from her own abdominal fat to treat ME.

It is said to bring a 50 per cent improvement in the condition - though the reason it helps is not known.

Has any one else had this or heard of it and if so could you provide some feed back on how it went, if it helped, and whereabouts you can get it done.

They suck the fat out of your abdo, filter out the stem cells from it and infuse them into your blood via anIV infusion.

I read in the paper here - The AGE - many months ago of htis proceduere drastically helping someone with MS who was bedridden and very, very ill; after the treatment she was able to get up and walk around again.

I would greatly appreciate any replies and information on this topic; i searched stem cell on the site and found nothing so assume there is not already a thread up about it.

Many thanks in advance,
Ally

ukxmrv

Dr Cheney has been working with stem cells for a few years with his patients. I do know of one having had treatment with him but don't know what the current situation is.

Hopefully some will post their experiences here. They have their own closed forum which is probably why we don't hear much any longer.

Allyson

Dr Cheney has been working with stem cells for a few years with his patients. I do know of one having had treatment with him but don't know what the current situation is.

Hopefully some will post their experiences here. They have their own closed forum which is probably why we don't hear much any longer.

thanks xrmv, would love any more info
I saw a haematologist at a major teaching hospital who has done SCT s over the last 15 years

Alas he said this kind of procedure sounds like "hocus pocus" to him
So I am reconsidering idea of having it
I will ask him more details next time and update

My Hb has been high for several years - he said some people are just like that ( ie high end of the normal bell curve) .... OR it could be due to low blood volume and he has ordered a blood test to check this

they take blood , infuse some of it with a minute amount of radioactive tag and re- inject it into you then measure the spread or some such ....and thus determine blood volume.

It is done in the mucler medicine dept and takes quite few hours apparently

he says the old method using albumin is no longer used as it was pig albumin hence fear of mad cow stopped its use.
will e intereting to see if my blood voluse is low - and hould i go crashed so it does show up as Low??

Presumably on a good day it is ok?

cheers,
ALLy

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Hi,

Dr. Cheney is no longer taking patients stem cell transplants. Patients had improvements in the first months afterward but later regressed. Perhaps because the new stem cells were getting infected with "whatever."

Sushi

Dufresne

almost there...
Hi,

Dr. Cheney is no longer taking patients stem cell transplants. Patients had improvements in the first months afterward but later regressed. Perhaps because the new stem cells were getting infected with "whatever."

Sushi

I think the stem cells work in the same way as his cell signalling factors (glandulars), they reboot the system. I don't believe allogenic stem cells themselves are taken up by the recipient's body. In my experience the effects of glandulars wear off after a few months, but I'm able to recapture the benefits by re-dosing.

Yet there's always an exception: I know someone who's essentially recovered from a Dessin-like state to a functional cure after receiving them.