• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS: Lives interrupted (White House Chronicle)

Jemal

This is a recent, pretty nice article about the general state of CFS affairs (mentioning the WPI, XMRV, the upcoming NIH meeting, etc:

http://whchronicle.com/2011/04/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-lives-interrupted/

They have no celebrity spokesperson. They have no Washington lobby fighting for research dollars. They have no hope that a cure is just around the corner; and little confidence that government research organizations are trying hard enough, if at all, to find one. To know them is to peer into hell. For the Hearst-New York Times Syndicate

It brings nothing new to the table and I am not sure if its really relevant (I don't even know what kind of website the White House Chronicle is), but I liked its tone.

ixchelkali

It brings nothing new to the table and I am not sure if its really relevant (I don't even know what kind of website the White House Chronicle is), but I liked its tone.

The White House Chronicle is a PBS news program out of Washington DC, hosted by Llewellyn King. He invites two or three journalist and they have a round-table discussion about whatever that episode's topic is. Llewellyn King also writes a syndicated column. He used to be assistant editor of the Washington Post. In other words, he's a major journalist. He recently became aware of ME/CFS and he's been very sympathetic. This is about the third or fourth article he's written about it. Most of what he has written about is how truly, awfully sick patients are and what a devastating disease it is. One of his articles was called "The Awful Disease that Washington Forgot." I think he could be influential because he gets read and listened to by lawmakers in Washington.

Jemal

The White House Chronicle is a PBS news program out of Washington DC, hosted by Llewellyn King. He invites two or three journalist and they have a round-table discussion about whatever that episode's topic is. Llewellyn King also writes a syndicated column. He used to be assistant editor of the Washington Post. In other words, he's a major journalist. He recently became aware of ME/CFS and he's been very sympathetic. This is about the third or fourth article he's written about it. Most of what he has written about is how truly, awfully sick patients are and what a devastating disease it is. One of his articles was called "The Awful Disease that Washington Forgot." I think he could be influential because he gets read and listened to by lawmakers in Washington.

Thanks for giving me some context!