• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI UK XMRV testing/study

ukxmrv

Hi willow,

I stopped asking when Dr Mikovits sent me a personal email to say that she was snowed under and needed a breathing space to finalise things. She does know that we expect answers on consent, the study process and all the other questions. Fingers crossed that she is getting some time soon and will answer them. We do need to know.

Amy

Hi ukxmrv,

Thanks for that. I will try the email again. And thanks for sharing the other info just now. I too am very interested in the answers to those questions.

Best,
Amy

Diva55

Great news!
I have just got an email from the Phlebotomy Services. I was worried that they had left me off the list.

T

theonlyfluffyone

hi jan , just to say i got an email to, thanks for the help, my dizzy brain can have a rest now, chris x : )

Amy

Are those of you who've just had emails in London? I ask as I believe (from a facebook post I've seen) that they're doing London first. I still haven't had an email (but I'm up north). I thought this was fine but now you're worrying me - eeeek!

Countrygirl

Are those of you who've just had emails in London? I ask as I believe (from a facebook post I've seen) that they're doing London first. I still haven't had an email (but I'm up north). I thought this was fine but now you're worrying me - eeeek![/
QUOTE]

Don't worry Amy. There are several people who haven't had replies yet. Dr Judy has e-mailed us as a group - as you will see soon - that no-one will be left out. It is just proving a little tricky to get the whole thing co-ordinated. Just keep watching these forums as we post up-dates from Judy.

London people are to be tested next week.

R

ritzcarcker

QUOTE]

London people are to be tested next week.

Hi all , I am new to this site. I am from London and receiced an e-mail from phlebotomy services to say i was included but have heard nothing since. Do you know if people have already been contacted with time schedules etc if the tests in london are next week. I have not heard anything regarding this. Any info greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

K

Knackered

Are those of you who've just had emails in London? I ask as I believe (from a facebook post I've seen) that they're doing London first. I still haven't had an email (but I'm up north). I thought this was fine but now you're worrying me - eeeek!

I'm in the north, I haven't been emailed.

Diva55

I'm in the north and got my email from the phlebotomy company late last night.

So could be they are doing the mails in batches and re-start on Monday?

ukxmrv

I've emailed the person collecting names of LONDON only and have some more info. The blood collection firm will be doing patients by REGION. No venue or dates have been announced for the first region LONDON but it is anticpated to start right after Easter (or the following week).

Anyone who has not heard from the WPI or PSI is encouraged to wait until their REGION is called and then missing names will be accounted for AT THAT TIME. There will be a week to respond when each region is called. Dr Mikovits will be working to include everyone.

There are dozens of people who have not heard from the WPI or PSI. As long as they emailed Dr Mikovits by March the 11th they will be included. Just wait for your REGION to be called and a patient advocate will liase with you at that time. A process has been put in place to collect missing names.

If you live in LONDON only and have not heard from WPI or PSI email this address by Friday 2nd April

contact@xmrvtesting.co.uk

ukxmrv

Countrygirl, could you please confirm your source for "London people are to be tested next week"?

Many thanks

R

ritzcarcker

I dont want to be alarmist or anything but the fact that someone has mentioned that they are drawing London first, and next week, is definitely starting to make the southern end of my digestive system quiver a little :worried: . I have resisted emailing the company themselves to this point and im hoping for more encouraging news here soon.

Thankyou for your reply. I have had an e-mail reply from 'contact@xmrvtesting.co.uk' stating that the London tests are anticiapted to be drawn either week commencing 5th April and or 12th April!!

Yikes, it's almost upon us!

ukxmrv

The same person also told me that the actual dates are unknown and the venue. Hopefully just after Easter (the weeks mentioned by Ritzcracker) but we need to wait for PSI to confirm.

Don't depend on those weeks as it could change I read into this. London first and then a different region each week will be announced. Anyone who has NOT heard back needs to WAIT for their region to be announced and come forward.

Unless they live in LONDON and they need to email now (or by Friday April 2nd).

contact@xmrvtesting.co.uk

There will also be a process in place to collect questions and disseminate information (we are still waiting to know lots of things).

Exciting times! At least we know that this is going ahead.

R

ritzcarcker

I wonder if the London Venue is likely to be in Central London or will there be multiple locations to choose from?? I'm just thinking aloud......just sooo excited and nervous!!

I've emailed the person collecting names of LONDON only and have some more info. The blood collection firm will be doing patients by REGION. No venue or dates have been announced for the first region LONDON but it is anticpated to start right after Easter (or the following week).

thanks very much indeed "ukxmrv" for this info :thumbsup:

(Ritzcracker...i went to edit my original post in light of ukxmrv's new info and stoopidly deleted it by mistake :rolleyes:..oops..apologies to all...well i am a newbie...thats my excuse anyway :D)