• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI UK XMRV testing/study

thegodofpleasure

Player in a Greek Tragedy
Check your spam bin

Are those of you who've just had emails in London? I ask as I believe (from a facebook post I've seen) that they're doing London first. I still haven't had an email (but I'm up north). I thought this was fine but now you're worrying me - eeeek!

Hi Amy,
Like you, I was getting a bit concerned at not hearing anything after Dr. Judy replied to my initial Email 3 weeks ago.
However, I checked my spam email last night and found that I had a message residing there from Ed Cutler at PSI, which was sent 9 days ago! In my case (I use BT Internet) the spam filter is a bit of a nuisance at times because if you haven't received an email from the sender before, any new message will be binned and you won't have a clue that it is there unless you specifically go into the spam box to find it.

Hope this helps and that you are one of the 225 patients in this study.

Regards,
TGOP ;)

Amy

Hi Amy,
Like you, I was getting a bit concerned at not hearing anything after Dr. Judy replied to my initial Email 3 weeks ago.
However, I checked my spam email last night and found that I had a message residing there from Ed Cutler at PSI, which was sent 9 days ago! In my case (I use BT Internet) the spam filter is a bit of a nuisance at times because if you haven't received an email from the sender before, any new message will be binned and you won't have a clue that it is there unless you specifically go into the spam box to find it.

Hope this helps and that you are one of the 225 patients in this study.

Regards,
TGOP ;)

Thanks TGOP. I have already checked my spam, but that is a good point to make.
I did have an email from Dr Judy confirming that I'm in the study. It does seem very random as to who's had email from PSI and who hasn't.
Just going to wait now for my region to be announced, as ukxmrv says above (but will probably check my spam folder regularly too :) ).

Thanks
Amy

Countrygirl

Unless they live in LONDON and they need to email now (or by Friday April 2nd). This should be IF they live in London

contact@xmrvtesting.co.uk

There will also be a process in place to collect questions and disseminate information (we are still waiting to know lots of things).

Exciting times! At least we know that this is going ahead.[/QUOTE]

There will be a new web site put up shortly for everyone who lives outside the London area, and we are in the process of getting it up and running. Please be patient with us, as we get this underway.

If you live in London, please ensure that you have read Jas's blog.

A new e-mail address will be put up shortly that will cover all other regions, which is being worked on now. That way, we will have one point of contact with Dr Judy, which will reduce her workload and ensure that no-one is left out.

Countrygirl

=ukxmrv;61093]Countrygirl, could you please confirm your source for "London people are to be tested next week"?

Many thanks

Hi ukmrv,

It's from an e-mail from Dr Judy. See Jas's blog

bertiedog

Also in Study

Hi all

Just wanted to add that I was contacted by Dr M and the Phlebotomy company to say I was in the study. I live in Broadstairs, Kent and so far I haven't seen many posters from south-east England. Its going to be fascinating to see what results we all get and if positive what treatment options there will be.

Pam

valia

Sh*T! Sh*T! Sh*T! :Retro mad:

I have booked to get blood drawn in London on 13th April and now found out there will be a rail strike, so have no way of getting there.

Sorry, should have said: email from Ed Cutler with link to sign up for slot.

leelaplay

no worries I'm sure Valia - they've said that they'll make sure everyone can get their blood drawn. They'll figure out a way - a different place, a different time - their own railway???

valia

Thank you islandfinn, you are probably right,

the strike would not normally have affected me, so I hadn't given it much thought, now I'll have to cancel and wait for testing closer to home.

sproggle

Jan
Just wondering if everyone got the email about blood draws in Middlesex??? Only it says it's near me but I'm in North Yorkshire so it certainly isn't!!!

At first I assumed they had sent it to everyone but then started wondering if they might a geography lesson lol!

Jan xx

ukxmrv

If anyone is in

SURREY
MIDDLESEX
or LONDON

and can travel to Ashford in Middlesex for a blood draw could you please contact this email address IF THEY HAVE NOT HAD THE EMAIL WITH THE LINK FROM PSI

contact@xmrvtesting.co.uk

Abraxas

Hi Sproggle, I got the same email, and am not near Middlesex.

My email says 'We are in the process of organizing collection locations near you.'

I presume they must have sent it to everyone and it's a case of waiting till you receive an email about a collection in your area?

G

Gerwyn

Hi Sproggle, I got the same email, and am not near Middlesex.

My email says 'We are in the process of organizing collection locations near you.'

I presume they must have sent it to everyone and it's a case of waiting till you receive an email about a collection in your area?

Hi I got the same email and I live in wales and have booked in for the thirteenth in ashford middlesex can anyone tell me where that is please.in particular where is the hospital?

free at last

Apologies Gerwyn i dont even know myself how to get there yet, ill be using public transport as i dont drive