• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some research on Thyroid and Adrenals

Delia

Have you read this thread: Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Typos are par for the course here. I would not spend a lot of time finding and fixing them.

Thanks! I just looked it over and am keeping it for reference.

I just started a few new supplements and I am very supplement sensitive. So I have to try one at a time. I just switched from flax oil, I was going without my omegas because first my flax oil was killing me with the fibro (tannins) and just started a hemp omega supplement. And a new multi. I have terrible trouble with multis but just can't right now afford to buy them all separately and all the supplements and my expensive uninsured prescription that saves my life all on subsistence social security.

Some on the big list I have done very badly with, and I'm trying to remember what I've read the last few days about taurine and over metholators which I may be. It might be on the do not take list. However I can't yet find a good solid plan for over metholators. And I maybe going from under to over methylating. As far as I can tell. I'm trying to figure it out.

One on the big list I did great with for brain fog- seriously my old brain came back for five glorious days about one year ago, then it went horribly horribly bad, brain pain like you couldn't believe. I went on it as part of RichVK's simplified methylation protocol :

Phosphatidyl Serine (god I hope I spelled it right)

Anyhoo went back to reread the protocol when it happened, and it had just been updated to include an alternative to that for people who couldn't take it:

Phosphatidyl Choline from non GMO sunflower lecithin. I buy Now brand off amazon. Been on it one year.

My brain is so much less brain fog and confusion. At the time I started, just prior to that, I was in a dress store looking for a dress for a wedding. They called the police on me. They thought I was drunk or on drugs because of my brain fog/communication problems and balance problems. That's how bad my brain fog had become abd my speech.

So humiliating. I sat in my car and cried. I could not drive for sometime to get myself together before I could leave there.

At least the police officers were very nice to me. And believed me. I have to say that is more than many medical professionals!

I have had anxiety/depression disorder since I started puberty. Undiagnosed until I was an adult. So I have had that, but it has been excasberated exponentially by this illness. And, ya know, I may have had the deoression anxiety as a result of an innate body processing systems/b vitamin utilization or absorption problems , or whatever that may have made me susceptible to get me/cfs when I got the CMV that started me into this hellish condition.

Sorry so much babble!

Thanks for the heads up!

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
The good news are that N-A-G, the supplement that most helped Hip with anxiety is also the one that helped he more more leaky gut-wise. I am about to start taking it! I have some social phobia, some people would call it anxiety for sure.

That story was crazy Delia. I am glad you found something to help the cognitive symptoms. Mine are less severe than these but still create shame frequently in social interactions.

Delia

I am writing the NAG down for my next supplement test!

Leaky gut is something I am not sure if I have! And I don't have anyone (dr) who takes gut issues seriously. Or seriously enough.

Yeah, that social shame is awful. I have to say that experience was my worst. And I didn't see it coming.

The worst part? They had my name because they ordered a dress from another store that I was there to try on. So the police officers asked for me by name. I thought something had happened to one of my kids, like an accident. My son with autism was out with his SCL worker and he has a terrible habit if walking out in front of cars and traffic. So that was my very first thought!

Some people think I'm crazy when I say I wish had cancer than this illness. But really. It's at least treatable, and people are kinder to you. :(

And they had a special at the dress Store and gave me three $20 gift cards. I had $60 free money to spend there this year. But I could not go back there,