• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Novartis to Charge $475,000 for $20,000 Cancer Cure Funded by Taxpayers and Charity (CAR-T)

i found this article about a new type of immunotherapy, that re-engineers chimeric antigen receptors t-cells, and just got approved by the FDA for acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and also the back story behind it. i dont know if this field of research could be useful for me/cfs, but if it is, i hope we dont fall into this trap.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/curing-incurable-leukemia/5606714
a revolutionary breakthrough in human healthcare has yielded its first FDA approval – a therapy that literally cures otherwise incurable leukemia.

It is the first of many therapies that re-engineer human cells in living patients to reprogram more resilient immune systems and even repair damaged or aging organs.

In clinical trials, patients suffering from acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) who were not responding to traditional therapies and would otherwise die, were not only cured, but would enjoy permanent remission.

The revolutionary procedure has paved the way for similar “gene therapies” augmenting the human immune system to fight off and eradicate some of the most confounding diseases of our time.

The therapies are designed in a laboratory and introduced to patients through a single infusion. For a pharmaceutical industry built on perpetually treating symptoms with refillable prescriptions rather than producing permanent and enduring cures, this new form of therapy represents the end of their business model.

the above website has a political tone, if you want to goto official sources, go here to learn about this therapy
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/research/car-t-cells

bye

RogerBlack

or a pharmaceutical industry built on perpetually treating symptoms with refillable prescriptions rather than producing permanent and enduring cures, this new form of therapy represents the end of their business model.

Well boys, instead of charging $20K for 20 years, we're going to have to sell only one dose at $475K. I don't know how we're going to manage'