• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Rrrr

i posted this below note on the thread where we are discussing nagalase levels:

Hi all,

I have what I think is amazing news. After 11 shots of (on average) 0.20 cc of GcMAF, my nagalase level has dropped in half.

Before GcMAF I was 1.90 (ref range 0.32-0.95) and now, 11 shots later, I am 0.80 (same ref range). I used Vitamin Diagnostics (Health Diagnostics) lab. They told me they send some of the test to Europe to do, but I'm not sure which part.

However, if you ask me how do I feel, physically? The answer is "Not much different."

Rrrr

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
That is great! It inspires me to get my nagalase tested too.

If the theory is right that our lympocytes are damaged by MLV's, they take about a year to be replaced and thus to "feel" the difference.

Congrats!
Sushi

Overstressed

overstressed, did you experience same heavy sides as the others?i guess your source was gcmaf.eu since there aren t many other labs making reliable gcmaf in europe

Hi Lobba,

I have had no side effects, except some increased fatigue, on the third day after receiving Gc-Maf. At one point though, I got heavy heavy headaches, and I think it was due to Gc-Maf. Perhaps it was no good quality, or I just received too much. I nearly got 50 injections by that point. My doc switched me to 1 injection/month, and that got resolved then.

About the source of Gc-Maf, I'm sure it's not David's. My doc only tells me where it is not from: Belgium, Netherlands, UK, US, Israel.

OS.

Genuine GcMAF does not cause elevated vitamin D levels

We have a number of before and after blood tests which confirm that genuine GcMAF does not raise vitamin D levels.

In fact, genuine GcMAF requires normal levels of vitamin D to function properly, which is why we recommend at least 4000IU a day, and our successful doctors quite correctly administer more than double that.

80% of XMRV / cancer / HIV patients have appallingly low levels of vitamin D.

Many of the people on this forum talk about symptoms which are obviously those of vitamin D toxicity, and they think they get them from GcMAF.

They don't.

The only way you can get vitamin D toxicity is by injecting it, and that is clearly what they are doing, whether they know it or not.

Yes, vitamin D is good for you, even sometimes for a short time at toxic levels, but they then run the risk of much worse that just symptoms.

The side effects of true GcMAF are trivial. Some of sides talked about on this forum are anything but trivial.

Both Drs Cheney and de Meirleir appear to tell them not to take vitamin D. Is that because their bodies are already injected full of it?

What patients need to ask themselves is: How did it get there?

I am concerned, not just for the safety of those involved, but also because the reputation of GcMAF has already suffered: people are publishing results from untested substances they call GcMAF, when it probably isn't.

There will soon be unjustified bad press about GcMAF, when in fact GcMAF wasn't even involved.

David Noakes

Nielk

To David Noakes:

Do you have proof that your GcMAF is safe from the side effects mentioned in this thread?
Who do you supply to in the U.S.?
Have they had geat success with minimal side effects.
It would be elpful to hear f some real statistics coming from your source.

Thanks,
Nielk

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
To David Noakes:

Do you have proof that your GcMAF is safe from the side effects mentioned in this thread?
It would be elpful to hear f some real statistics coming from your source.

Thanks,
Nielk

And real statistics on ME/CFS patients -- not HIV and cancer.

Sushi

I have just had some email correspondence with Prof Ruggiero. I asked him whether vitamin D is required for GcMAF to activate macrophages and he said that the answer is not clear. I'd be very grateful if David or anyone else could refer us to any research showing how GcMAF activates macrophages and the role of vit D in this process.

serg1942

Hi guys,

Very interesting discussion!

FWIW, Id like to remind that GcMAF changed my 25 OH and my 1.25 OH vit D in the right direction, and they remain fine without the need of supplementation.

BTW, I think the most important thing I have read is Rrrrs drop of Nagalase after just a few shots of GcMAF! This is GREAT news!

Clearly GcMAF is knocking down a retroviral infection in her body! If she does not eventually feel better in spite of Nagalase being zero provided that she can achieve this--, then I guess we can conclude that XMRV/HGRV/MLVS or whichever infection she is dealing with is not as important as we thought

But hey!, GcMAF is doing its job, it is eradicating a retrovirus it doesnt matter whether in the meanwhile our immune system reactivates the virus.

Would love to hear others opinions!

Sergio

leela

If the theory is right that our lympocytes are damaged by MLV's, they take about a year to be replaced and thus to "feel" the difference.

I think this is a key point in any aspect of long-term system dysfunction or damage. It took a long time to get here, so feeling restored to a base-line "normal" will necessarily take time too. Even when levels of this or that have come back within healthy range, all the various compensations and workarounds the body so cleverly adopted need time to recognize the need is gone, and to return to a more normal pattern. It's like a potter's wheel slowing down--you take your foot off the pedal, but the thing still spins for some time before it comes to a full stop.

lobba123

i can report no vit d spikes even using vit d 10000iu daily on gcmaf.eu double dose (200ng) and this is a good case report even if not CFS patient........ but as regards general inflammation sides a CFS case patient is better rapresentative for you

Ronan

I have been told to take. 2 month break from GcMAF after taking it for about 7-8 months. I didnt get my Neglase tested before starting the GcMAF but got it done recently and it came back very high still at 3,00. Also told i have an inflamatory reaction to the GcMAF with my C4a and sCD14 very high still. My vit D3 was just at the bottom of normal range before but is now a bit below normal range at 17,5 and my 1,25 Di-OH vit D also down to 31 but this is in normal range

lobba123

now a bit below normal range at 17,5....

sorry but none consider it normal such low values, normal values are higher than 40ng/ml (some still consider 30-35 as normal but definitely no vitamin d expert consider 17)

Ronan

Well the "normal" range stated on the test results is between 20 and 43 with >30uG/L being optimal.

While were discussing vit D, heres results of my recent blood tests:
Just prior to starting GcMAF, my 25 vit D was 34 and after 4 injections it dropped to 29 (reference range >50).
Prior 1,25 vit D was 150 and after 4 injections dropped to 61 (reference range 65-175).

vli

janey so after gcmaf BOTH your 25 and 1,25 dived. That's interesting to say the least since the doctor who's been treating me said (for me) that at least one should rise...hm..

lobba123

not a good sign vit d25 oh drop at start because a rise of vit d 25oh is a marker of response.is your vdr low responder?

you may also recheck vit d 25oh soon, i had it test it wrong one time, the lab probably did a mistake.i was in the 40-50ng/ml range and one test showed 11ng/ml, wheni retested in a few weeks it was 47ng/ml

Lobba, I'm a high vdr responder. I don't think my 25 vit D test was wrong. It dropped by only a small amount and it has been around this level for the past 4 years anyway. Considering that both my 25 and 1,25 vit D levels are below the reference range it might be a good idea for me to start supplementing.

I am now tolerating GcMAF much better. I've had a couple of fortnightly injections and have just started going back to weekly. I'm also taking a very low dose of a calcium channel blocker (only a 1/4 of a tablet) which I think is helping.

lobba123

if your gcmaf is not from gcmaf.eu it is better to follow your supplier instructions because if what david says is right it may be dangerous.while if you are on gcmaf.eu product there is absolutely no trouble with vit d.
you might try sun or sun bed it should be safer anyways

the doses of vit d having effect on immune system are those above 40ng/ml, for example on hbv and hcv infection the higher the vitamin D the lower virus replication.i think heptitis viruses are the most studied as regards vit d levels

Genuine GcMAF has trivial side effects

To Nielk
The only proof we have is, ok, rather obviously, that none of our participants suffer the side effects described on this forum. They have trivial or, in most cases, no side effects at all.

Why should they? GcMAF is in all healthy people. Did you have side effects from GcMAF when you were young and healthy, even though you had a full complement of it?

Although we ask for feedback, we rarely get it. What there is on "Participants progress" on our website.

Some have had great success; the others feel nothing at all.

A few members need to get off this forum, where so many of the postings are recycled disinformation, and do some original research.

Janey
We asked for independent tests when our high vit D patients improved drastically, the low vit D ones made little or no progress, and everyone got poor results in the winter. The result was independent laboratory in vitro experiments that showed GcMAF is 2.5 times as effective in the presence of vitamin D.

And the same lab proved that our GcMAF, in the complete absence of macrophages, turns cancer cells into normal cells. And lobba123 posted on this forum that he witnessed one of those experiments himself.

That's on "Tests of Our GcMAF"

Ronan,
You can take GcMAF continually, and overdose, without side effects (unless you have massive cancer tumours. See "Side effects" on our website.)

David Noakes

aquariusgirl

JANEY, do you think it's the calcium channel blocker that is making the gcmaf more tolerable?
Who is guiding yr txtment? KDM?