• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

lobba123

just received redlabs results

nagalase 3.3 range 0.32-0.95 (nagalase baseline 6.7 europeanlaboratory.nl)

does anybody know the meaning of anox test, i take a lot of antioxidants to regress liver cirrhosis so i guess having higher than normal anox maybe good

anox total antiox capacity 0.83 range 0.33-0.65nM

I have posted this exactly last week...but Prof. Ruggiero doesn't give medical advice. It's quite strange to be honoust, according to Yamamoto, infected cells release Nagalase, so you would expect that once one has normal levels, no more viremia should be present. And it was not related to one type of virus, it's in general. So, eventually, you shouldn't have any herpes virus infection left in your body.

It's a pitty we don't have real experiences of real high-responders. It would be interesting to hear how their bloodwork evolves in the course of their Gc-Maf treatment.

Best regards,
OS.

laetrile is also know as vitamin B17
Is available from the USA
Is found in apricot seeds. these can be purchased on the web
Chick peas are also a good source of this vitamin, could try making hummus out of them

Hi guys , bean following the Gcmaf since last year , frist of thanks for all the people posting , un fortunately ive bean stuck in Australia for the last year and bean unable to travel hence Ive not be able to have start any Gcmaf treatment . Ive got a few questions now ppl have bean treated for a long time now , if some one would be kind enough to answer , befor a flip a coin on the 3 options Gcmaf.

1. is the source of the Gcmaf from kdm the same a bgli ?
2. Taken a straw pole of kdm s from posts results are a best mixed , just as a feeling , do you feel this is because the Gcmaf and side effects or kdm protocol drugs ?
3. Is any one on the here on David Noakes Gcmaf and can conferm there is no side effects as claimed and or any improvments ?
4. David noaks all so state If you had serious sides, or rising vitamin D levels, the substance you were taking was not GcMAF. As input about this statement from you guys ?

thanks for any reponse

lobba123

are you sure this is for any disease?i have red that on liver cirrhosis the lower total antioxidant capacity the wrost the liver damage but it wasnt the anox it was te same test but different type

so taking more antioxidants should make total antioxidant capacity lower?

thank you very much

@lobba123

The LOWER the number on the ANOX test the better your result is.

lobba123

i rechecked all studies found and it is difficult to say if anox increased is good or bad on cirrhosis, i will keep taking lipo vit c, other antiox and glutathione and see if i can get anox to normal range

thanks

are you sure this is for any disease?i have red that on liver cirrhosis the lower total antioxidant capacity the wrost the liver damage but it wasnt the anox it was te same test but different type

so taking more antioxidants should make total antioxidant capacity lower?

thank you very much

Hi Lobba123

I don't know the relation to cirrhosis and other diseases unfortunately. KDM told me that my test is not so good as its 0,80 or something, but nothing severe. I should try to get it down in 0.3-0,4 range. Another patient I know has over 2,0, so she lacks a lot of antioxidants...

lobba123

do you or other members have experience on beta glucans, i just got them and added today.

in a yamamoto document for doctors to use gcmaf he suggested betaglucans to improve dentric cell functions too since gcmaf acts on macrophages only

Hi Lobba123

I don't know the relation to cirrhosis and other diseases unfortunately. KDM told me that my test is not so good as its 0,80 or something, but nothing severe. I should try to get it down in 0.3-0,4 range. Another patient I know has over 2,0, so she lacks a lot of antioxidants...

I'm wading through all this information and wanting to recap where we stand with this.

As I understand it there are several options for obtaning GcMAF:

1) www.gcmaf.eu/info/

This GcMAF is being supplied to a number of clinics in Europe.
Has anyone tried it privately in the U.S.?

2) www.bgli.nl/

The BGLI product, by some reports, is having issues clearing US customs.

3) GcMAF available through trial with Dr. Enlander or KDM in Belgium.

It's still unclear to me whose GcMAF they are using.

4) MAF 314. Available through workshops being run by Dr. Cheney. Unclear what availability will look like later this year.

CRITERIA for DETERMINING EFFECTIVENESS

Primary criteria is Nagalese level.

Testing options:

1) Redlabs Belgium (but I don't see a requisition form on their web-site

2) Health Diagnostics: www.hdlabinc.com/health/patients/contact-information

Here too, I don't see a requisition on their web-site.

I'm trying to keep this simple and concise for the sake of outlining options.

Have I missed any outlets? Anyone wish to add to this?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

The VDR is also considered a criteria for effectiveness as well as other tests given by some doctors--they don't all use the same tests
Best Sushi

lobba123

you missed vdr test to see if you respond to gcmaf before starting therapy

vitamin d 25oh, a small rise in the first weeks is a marker of response.gcmaf.eu never reported vitamin d flares so you are requested to supplement while on this to reach >40ng/ml

I'm wading through all this information and wanting to recap where we stand with this.

As I understand it there are several options for obtaning GcMAF:

1) www.gcmaf.eu/info/

This GcMAF is being supplied to a number of clinics in Europe.
Has anyone tried it privately in the U.S.?

2) www.bgli.nl/

The BGLI product, by some reports, is having issues clearing US customs.

3) GcMAF available through trial with Dr. Enlander or KDM in Belgium.

It's still unclear to me whose GcMAF they are using.

4) MAF 314. Available through workshops being run by Dr. Cheney. Unclear what availability will look like later this year.

Testing options:

Dan_USAAZ

Testing options:

I had my Nagalese tested about a month ago by Health Diagnostics. It took 3 weeks to get the result.
You are correct, the Nagalese test does not show on their web site, nor does it list on the form they send you. Call or email them and they will send you the necessary forms and instruct you as to what to do. I had called them and received the forms by email attachment within minutes. Because the Nagalese test does not list on the lab form, you just write it in.
The one down side to using Health Diagnostics is that they require your doctor to register with them and fax a copy of their medical license. This seemed a bit strange, even to my doctor.

do you or other members have experience on beta glucans, i just got them and added today.

in a yamamoto document for doctors to use gcmaf he suggested betaglucans to improve dentric cell functions too since gcmaf acts on macrophages only

Lobba, I'd be interested to hear how you go with the beta glucan. I'm interested in trying this too.

lobba123

just started since i saw a yamamoto paper suggesting it to activate dentric cells too and improve gcmaf response, i will have tests end of october at 24 weeks gcmaf

my nagalase was 3.3 the 28th of july so i guess it is getting to normal levels by september

Lobba, I'd be interested to hear how you go with the beta glucan. I'm interested in trying this too.

Chris

Janey, one way to get beta glucans is via oatmeal--but a better way is through various mushroom products, most notably probably AHCC, which has a good deal of research behind it, has been around for 20 years, and got an OK from Nancy Klimas in one of her videos--sorry, forget which one. It is not cheap, but NOW and a few others produce a 750 or 800mg cap that is useful. I would pulse it as Cheney and Klimas suggest for immune modulators--say 2-4 caps per day for 5 days, then weekend off, and quit for several weeks every few months--something like that. Best, Chris

lobba123

i bought this product, glucamune...any way to know if this is good?

http://glucasan.vitalizeshop.co.uk/

Janey, one way to get beta glucans is via oatmeal--but a better way is through various mushroom products, most notably probably AHCC, which has a good deal of research behind it, has been around for 20 years, and got an OK from Nancy Klimas in one of her videos--sorry, forget which one. It is not cheap, but NOW and a few others produce a 750 or 800mg cap that is useful. I would pulse it as Cheney and Klimas suggest for immune modulators--say 2-4 caps per day for 5 days, then weekend off, and quit for several weeks every few months--something like that. Best, Chris

One doctor reports success with CFS

Firefly,

We have over 100 people in the USA, mostly though doctors, some not.

Our first CFS clinic has reported back. He is a Dutch doctor who switched to our GcMAF. He now has 4 new CFS patients, all responding strongly in 8 weeks, all got their lives back.

Do you know any other CFS doctors who have anything like that response?

To WHU-1
The side effects of genuine GcMAF are negligible
Our 50+ doctors and clinics are well on their way to 1,000 patients on our GcMAF; except in a few severe cancer cases, they report none or negligible side effects. So far we have around 30% as responders.

Dr Yamamoto said GcMAF had no side effects, and he was not far wrong.

We came very late into CFS/XMRV, but 10 of those are XMRV, 20 are CFS, and I repeat, most report none, the remainder report negligible side effects.

Why should there be side effects? GcMAF is in all healthy people. Did you have side effects from GcMAF when you were young and healthy, even though you had full levels of it?

We have one XMRV responder in 3.5 months, 5 CFS responders in 8 weeks.

You can take genuine GcMAF continually, and massively overdose, without side effects

Genuine GcMAF does not raise vitamin D levels
We have before and after blood tests that prove conclusively vitamin D levels do not rise with GcMAF.

In fact, GcMAF needs normal levels of Vitamin D to function properly, and 80% of sufferers have low vitamin D.

Our doctors have found you need to take 8000-9000 IU a day with GcMAF to get the vitamin D levels up to normal.

You may have never taken GcMAF
If you had serious sides, or rising vitamin D levels, the substance you were taking was not GcMAF.

Its very easy to produce inactive GcMAF, which is why every batch has to be carefully tested, as ours always have been - both internally and independently.

So if the substance you were taking did not have independent tests, you can write yourself a guarantee it was not GcMAF.

The damage done by a doctor pretending a substance is GcMAF when it isn't, is that people will believe a doctor, take it, and the reputation of GcMAF is being destroyed when GcMAF apparently was not even involved.

To say nothing of the side effects sufferers have needlessly endured, and the money they have wasted.

We warned one of the two doctors involved by email and phone on the 23rd March; five months later we still see no action.

Best wishes

David Noakes.

Ronan

So a bit of warped good news. I was told to take an 8 week break from GcMAF but 3 weeks in i hit a bad spell which has persisted for 3 weeks. It has made me realise just how much of a difference GcMaf has been making to me over the past 8 months. I thought it had been helping a bit but with the slow progress over an 8 month period i had forgotten how bad i had been before starting it. I was still getting good and bad days on it but not persistant bad spells like this one, i had even started going out drinking on the weekends a bit... Not a chance of that since stopping the GcMaf. I have just emailed my doc to make sure i can go back on it now because he had told me to take a break because of an inflamatory response to it.

Also, my Naglase activity was up at 3 after the 8 months on the GcMAF which is another reason why he told me to take a break as he didnt think it was having much of an effect so maybe the Neglase test isint very accurate or its not a good marker for the effectivness of the treatment. I didnt have a baseline Neglase reading from before i started unfortunatly

richvank

Vitamin D raises the gene expression of cystathionine beta synthase

Hi, all.

This might be a little off-topic here, but I'm reposting it on this thread because of the vitamin D aspect. There may be some sort of interaction between the methylation-transsulfuration stuff and the GcMAF stuff. I know that some of you are doing both treatments.

Best regards,

Rich

Will Marsden just sent me this new abstract. I think it adds to the evidence showing the importance of getting the vitamin D level up. This study shows that vitamin D raises the gene expression of the cystathionine beta synthase (CBS) enzyme, which converts homocysteine to cystathionine, and is the gateway into the transsulfuration pathway, which, among other things, makes cysteine, which is needed for the synthesis of glutathione.

Lately I've been seeing test results on several PWCs/PWMEs who have lower than normal flow through the transsulfuration pathway. Low vitamin D may be a contributor to this.

Having the vitamin D level up should help to normalize the glutathione level, based on the results of this study. This is one more piece of information that supports the advisability of getting vitamin D up. As you may know, Dr. John Cannell a few years ago found that giving his patients 5,000 IU per day of vitamin D3 caused all 30 of them not to get the flu when it ran through Atascadero State Hospital in California, where he works. Perhaps this effect on CBS is connected with the protection against flu, because raising glutathione will give better Th1 immune response, which is the type of response needed against viruses. As you may also know, the RDA committee of the Institute of Medicine has recently raised their recommendation for vitamin D intake, but they brought it up only to 600 IU per day. This may not be enough for most people to get them into the optimum range of vitamin D levels. Vitamin D is toxic at very high dosages, perhaps above about 10,000 IU on a steady basis. There does not seem to be good data on the toxic levels so far. Some people take higher than this amount for short times to get their levels up, and this seems to be O.K. It's a good idea to work with your physician and have your vitamin D level measured periodically when supplementing at high dosages. I'm trying to keep my vitamin D level above 50 ng/ml. More information is available on vitamin D at www.vitamindcouncil.org.

Best regards,

Rich

J Bone Miner Res. 2011 Aug 23. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.493. [Epub ahead of print]
1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) influences cellular homocysteine levels in murine pre-osteoblastic MC3T3-E1?cells by direct regulation of cystathionine ?-synthase.
Kriebitzsch C, Verlinden L, Eelen G, van Schoor NM, Swart K, Lips P, Meyer MB, Pike JW, Boonen S, Carlberg C, Vitvitsky V, Bouillon R, Banerjee R, Verstuyf A.
Source

Laboratory for Experimental Medicine and Endocrinology (LEGENDO), Catholic University of Leuven, Gasthuisberg O&N 1, Herestraat 49, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium.
Abstract

High homocysteine (HCY) levels are a risk factor for osteoporotic fracture. Furthermore, bone quality and strength are compromised by elevated HCY due to its negative impact on collagen maturation. HCY is cleared by cystathionine ?-synthase (CBS), the first enzyme in the transsulfuration pathway. CBS converts HCY to cystathionine, thereby committing it to cysteine synthesis. A microarray experiment on MC3T3-E1 murine pre-osteoblasts treated with 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) [1,25(OH)(2) D(3) ] revealed a cluster of genes including the cbs gene, of which the transcription was rapidly and strongly induced by 1,25(OH)(2) D(3) . Quantitative real-time PCR and Western blot analysis confirmed higher levels of cbs mRNA and protein after 1,25(OH)(2) D(3) treatment in murine and human cells. Moreover, measurement of CBS enzyme activity and quantitative measurements of HCY, cystathionine and cysteine concentrations were consistent with elevated transsulfuration activity in 1,25(OH)(2) D(3) -treated cells. The importance of a functional vitamin D receptor (VDR) for transcriptional regulation of cbs was shown in primary murine VDR knock-out osteoblasts, in which up-regulation of cbs in response to 1,25(OH)(2) D(3) was abolished. Chromatin immunoprecipitation on chip and transfection studies revealed a functional vitamin D response element in the second intron of cbs. To further explore the potential clinical relevance of our ex vivo findings, human data from the Longitudinal Aging Study Amsterdam suggested a correlation between vitamin D status [25(OH)D(3) levels] and HCY levels. In conclusion, this study demonstrated that cbs is a primary 1,25(OH)(2) D(3) target gene which renders HCY metabolism responsive to 1,25(OH)(2) D(3) . 2011 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research.

Copyright 2011 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research.

PMID: