• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cofactors & Their Necessity: A Dicussion

I wonder how many doctors are aware of cofactor issues. If a patient has a bad reaction to a supplement, I think in many cases the doctor will write that patient off as having psychological issues, because the doctor knows that "Nutrient x is good for you!". The expected responses to supplements are based on healthy people. People go to the doctor when they are unhealthy, meaning possible abnormal biochemistry.
Almost none are aware because they operate under the assumption of undernutrition of X nutrient with All co-factors being available.

Its a highly erroneous view but a common one nonetheless. Acknowledging cofactors makes treatment significantly more complicated when they’re trying to get someone out the door as quick as possible.

linusbert

actually its more like medical doctors are pharma lackeys and only do what pharma companys told them (indirectly through financing fake studies and making up learning material for universities) , that basically is prescribe expensive medication for specific symptoms.
thats what medicine in the west nowadays is.
they do not even try to heal anything. they only maintain disease state and symptoms. thats what it is. nothing else.

but they are working overtime to get natural healing forbidden. you see this in less and less supplements being available in western countries, herbs getting forbidden. stuff you could get 2 years ago now somehow is almost impossible to get.
also they want to forbid naturopaths , at least in germany they are discussing this.

so the final goal of this global corporation centered system is, that all disease is only treated with fucking expensive useless pharma medicine. its about the financial well being of those corporations, not about humans.