The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lots of systems

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by lostsoul70, Sep 30, 2017.

1. lostsoul70

lostsoul70

I have all the systems of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and a lot more. I have so many ailments it would take a book to explain them. The doctors can not help and the more meds they give me the sicker I become. It all started 15 years ago after a back operation which made my breathing bad and I've went down hill ever since. I'm 70 years old and I have had just about every test you can think of and they can't find anything wrong with me. It's not in my head because I have a 25 year old diary with all my failing health. When I get sick what can I do? Seeing a doctor won't help so I drink a lot of water which helps me so I think. Anyway my question is why not a juice fast? I tried one about 30 years ago by the book and after 6 days I was so weak I could hardly walk. Anyway there is no cure for me so I wonder why not try some kind of juice fast, one I could do without falling down from weakness when I go to the bathroom? If I was to die doing this at least I tried to help myself. Maybe I'm losing my mind but I don't know what else to do.

2. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

@lostsoul70

Some people here actually find taking lots of protein - specifically in the form of whey - to be helpful.

See here and here.

3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I've tried fasting a few times since my illness. Not juice, more like 5/2 fast, or fast-mimicking diet. But I found that it's way too hard on my adrenals.

Doctors haven't helped me, and lab tests have been useless. What changed my condition around was GAPS diet (no gluten, dairy; hi fat), correcting metyhlation (links in my signature), and detox. I still have limited energy, but my life is now worth living. Maybe methylation isn't for you, I can't know that. But if you look through some of the forums here, you might find a pth that sounds like it makes sense to you.

See more popular forum discussions.