The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

how to recover?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by sleepingbeautyxxx, Feb 12, 2017.

1. sleepingbeautyxxx

sleepingbeautyxxx

Germany
    Hey, I'm just curious about some recovery stories. I really want to get better before I really get worse (I currently suffer from mild ME).
    Just tell me what you think helped you getting better, anything from pacing strategies to supplements, and also how long it took and how bad you were affected from cfs.

Right now I go to school 7 hours a day, do my homework, study and sleep a lot and cut back on physical activities.

I really try to eat healthily and mostly follow the starch solution (starch based vegan diet), wich has helped me a little bit, since fat makes me sick and tired. But it didn't give me the boost of energy I was hoping for.
    I'm also taking vitamin B12 and D (I've got an additional vitamin D deficiency).

I also got some D-Ribose and took it a few days in a row, not noticing any difference (probably bc I had a bad cold/flu).

Thank you in advance xx

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    Recovery stories are very rare. I'm guessing because you are in school that you are young. Younger people are more likely to recover from CFS/ME than older people. But what will help you, I can't answer that. :(

3. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

Some people find that amino acids and high-protein foods help. See, for examples, this blog post and this thread.There is also an ongoing thread on whey protein as treatment for ME/CFS.

sleepingbeautyxxx and Izola like this.
  4. Esther12

Esther12

No-one knows.

On the plus side for you, it seems that a lot of younger people go on to just naturally recover.

It's easy to put a lot of time, effort and money into 'treatments' that are no better than nothing.

Fingers-crossed that you will just be one of the youngsters who just had a short (although I'm sure it won't feel short to you) period of ill health.

sleepingbeautyxxx and Hutan like this.
  5. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

San Francisco
    I am getting better for no particular reason.

See more popular forum discussions.