• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Worsening of teeth health

linusbert

i used to have excellent teeth. the only thing which was excellent despite this shit of a disease.
even 2 years ago a dentist coming into nursing home doing visual inspection meant its really good quality teeth. no need to do anything.
despite not going to dentist for over 10 years.
i brush teeth once in evening before bed. and always a bit prolonged for like 10-15 minutes because i read or watch movie besides and forgot times. probably thats why they were in good shape.

but now they are getting not good anymore. they get thinner, are coloring into a yellow like a smoker but i never smoked. also didnt change anything on diet.

what really disturbs me is that some teeth on their pointy end have a transparent pike with black coloring inside. also texture of teeth is pretty smooth.

i suspect two things,
1. i started to use electric brush 2 years ago. maybe i was brushing the enamel off.
i ordered a ultra sonic emmi dent tooth brush now, btw, anybody experience / knowledge with ultrasonic brushes?

2. 9 month ago i started high dose vitamin D (~5000 iu per day). could it be that i have paradox symptom where vitamin D if it cannot access calcium from food is mobilizing internal stores?

i didnt have this problem a year ago. its new and would timely rather fit to vitamin D.

despite transparency and thining / flattening the teeth look okish i guess. no plaques, no white spots.

1687595121654.png

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Some of the same...brush always before bed as you said and very thoroughly. Floss often though not always every day. Haven't been to dentist in probably 7-10 years.

Mine is more receding gums which I've had since my 20s but now in the last 2-3 years black areas in the thinner enameled root area.

I use an electric toothbrush sometimes and standard others but didn't get the electric till I noticed the black areas.

K2 and calcium hydroxyapatite seemed to help some before so I'm adding them back in again now but still really need to get to a dentist because I'm not sure it's just sensitivity anymore. It's just that finding one in my area who takes state insurance is hard especially since I can't drive very far.

Tried baking soda and peroxide last week but those irritated the gums more. :(

linusbert

Some of the same...brush always before bed as you said and very thoroughly. Floss often though not always every day. Haven't been to dentist in probably 7-10 years.

Mine is more receding gums which I've had since my 20s but now in the last 2-3 years black areas in the thinner enameled root area.

I use an electric toothbrush sometimes and standard others but didn't get the electric till I noticed the black areas.

K2 and calcium hydroxyapatite seemed to help some before so I'm adding them back in again now but still really need to get to a dentist because I'm not sure it's just sensitivity anymore. It's just that finding one in my area who takes state insurance is hard especially since I can't drive very far.

Tried baking soda and peroxide last week but those irritated the gums more. :(
damn.
so how to fix this?
Did you try eating egg shells? those are rich in those important minerals, but i cannot bring this over me. i fear chemicals and salmonella. will not try.

i am looking into re-mineralizing of teeth now. i am thinking about making my own mouth wash or creme, which containts the important minerals to absorp.
but i do not know what minerals and in what chemical form to use.

i guess i need di- or tricalciumposphate, magnesium, sodium? or is calcumcarbonate better? idk.
or mixing into something like coconut oil and rinse through teeth for a few minutes?

i fear if i do not have the right mixture and relationship, the opposite might happen, de-mineralization of teeth.

judee is this what you took?
https://www.pureencapsulations.hk/product/calcium-mcha-300mg-180s/
calcium mcha extracted from cow bones.

Last edited:

Judee

And this: https://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-cap...id=1687613622&rdc=1&sprefix=k2,aps,266&sr=8-9

I think a K2 supplement is important too because it moves calcium into our bones and teeth.

One of the Amazon reviews actually mentions these black spots on his teeth but as someone with ME I don't think I'd take as much as he did.

Edit: Also I drink coffee which I read online is acidic and not great for teeth. I can't go off of it though or my ADHD and memory would be so much worse so I add a little salt or sodium ascorbate to each cup to try and neutralize the acids a bit.

Edit #2: Just noticed that supp has coconut. It isn't showing on my bottle so will have to switch in future. Rats...I liked that brand because it's also soy free. :(

Last edited:

sunshine44

Que sera sera
I’m looking into something like this (it’s expensive though fyi) as essential oils and nano hydroxyapatite have only been semi helpful. I had perfect teeth never a cavity before this disease 6 years ago. My mouth needs serious help now and I unfortunately not only am bedridden but couldn’t tolerate dentists meds back when I was stronger. Cardiologist wouldn’t even sign off to my dentist in 2016. Sigh.

I’m also taking a homeopathic remineralizing cell salts.

Although I’ve made some progress, I need to make much more. Hence why I’m looking into the above or something like it. I am concerned about the theobromine in it and if I could handle the silver yet.

https://medicinal-foods.com/cavities/how-to-fix/dentite/

sunshine44

Que sera sera
I agree with Judee too. Ultimately, we have to remineralize our body. Many of us have latent viruses eating through our cellular stores much quicker than the average person.

That being said, I’m trying very hard to do this but certainly seem to need extra assistance in my mouth while I remineralize my body which is no easy feat. Not exactly as east as taking a multivitamin.

perchance dreamer

If you use an electric toothbrush, replace the head frequently. Not doing so can irritate the gums. @linusbert, you might consider a sensitive brush head if you feel like your electric toothbrush has been too hard on your teeth. I use a sensitive head for my Oral B electric

Also, 2 minutes is the time recommended for using my electric toothbrush. I think brushing for 10 or 15 minutes with any kind of toothbrush is too long.

My sensitive teeth have improved over time by using Squigle Tooth Builder toothpaste, which has a lot of xylitol to help with remineralization.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MLOTZAY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've never tried it, but a friend really likes this Indian toothpaste for dental health.

https://www.amazon.com/Patanjali-Da...00G81L1JY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

linusbert

If you use an electric toothbrush, replace the head frequently. Not doing so can irritate the gums. @linusbert, you might consider a sensitive brush head if you feel like your electric toothbrush has been too hard on your teeth. I use a sensitive head for my Oral B electric
yea i am brushing probably too long.

also have a oral B . must check if those are soft. its called cross action brushes, not sure.

but i ordered a ultrasonic brush now anyways. from emmi-dent.

lenora

At 76 I'm faced with a few problems that most of you haven't reached yet.

First off: Dental health can't be seen by simply looking at a set of teeth. X-rays have to be done, because most cavities begin under the surface of the tooth.

Black spots are more than likely cavities that have formed. @Judee.....You can offset your coffee usage by rinsing your mouth out with water when you finish the coffee.

As we get older, it seems that our teeth revert to the beginnings of our tooth problems. Now root canals are also old, caps break and fall off, cavities regularly form again and yes, I'd say that 10-15 min. of brushing is perhaps a little too long.

I have a water pik and electric toothbrush. The pik is great as I use it probably 3 times/day. Just rinse my mouth out quickly after meals, not long at all. In the morning and the evening I do a thorough job with my electric toothbrush. It really is a remarkable tool....check with your dentist as to what he recommends.

I'm now through my new root canals and cavities, but problems can crop up at anytime. I'm often amazed at how fast they occur. My hubby has just spent something like $2,500 on one implant and a number of new cavities. Whitening too much can damage the enamel of the teeth.

Dry mouth is a problem and our dentist readily admits that most products won't work. Sensodyne products are about the best....especially the nighttime gel. Keep your appointments. I found out when it ended up costing me a lot of money. Yours, Lenora

Rufous McKinney

Coconut Oil Pulling: you might give that a try, add to the mix.

My daughter feels its really helped calm down her gums (she has pretty good hygiene already).

So I have been doing it some myself and it's enjoyable, calming, soothing for the mouth and tissue. Mouth likes it.

Mouse girl

Teeth can get bad for any number or reasons. Mine were really great until i got sick, and also having a terrible dentist didn't help. I found a good dentist and had so much repair done that she caused (including a tumor that was growing that could have cracked my jaw open that was caused by a bad root canal). The last 5 years have been hell on wheels. And after losing too much and being completely alone in the world, kinda had a breakdown due to ptsd and loss. So, got high blood pressure and horrific depression and anxiety that were life threatening. So, lots more new meds. Caused more dry mouth (which would get from this illness). cut to, me needing 11 teeth filled after only a year and a half of having a good dental checkup. My dentist was like: What happened????? lol Since mine came so fast, we figure it is from the new meds as i do wake up all the time with my mouth all stuck together. So....slowly tapering off meds one at a time. Aging also can do your teeth in. Even genetics can catch up to you. I asked my dentist if is was rare now for people to need dentures and he said that things have improved so much but people still lose their teeth but he said my father had very good bone health so he thought my chances were good at keeping my teeth. But, my teeth were ravaged by meds and stress on top of this illness and I'm only 54. They were also stained for years in a yucky way at the base and now, now more drug addict look with all my new fillings and two new crowns.

Judee

but i ordered a ultrasonic brush now anyways. from emmi-dent.
So what is the difference between an electric toothbrush and the ultrasonic one? Visually they look the same to me.

I told you I started the K2 and Calcium Hydroxyapatite a few days ago but I only just took one dose because I want to go off of everything for some OI and heart testing next week.

I will say that one dose over night stopped some of the pain in my mouth making me think it possibly was starting to work right away. idk. ???

Also I didn't realize @linusbert that what you posted was also Hydroxyapatite. Not sure of the difference in that either except the one I'm using says phosphorus too which I think is supposed to help with teeth. Maybe your linked one has that too but they didn't put it on the label so idk. ??

Last edited:

linusbert

I will say that one dose over night stopped some of the pain in my mouth making me think it possibly was starting to work right away. idk. ???
should have phosphorus too. probably in 2(calcium):1 ratio.

a german mitochondrial doctor wrote a short publication about phosphorous. fixing a few people in days.
as phosphor is believed to be plenty in western diet, people do not try it out.
even i have all the time to low phosphorous levels, but doctors do not want to prescribe it. i have a supplement here, didnt try it out yet.
(he uses reducto spezial, its a mix of potassium and phosphor actually used to treat calcium based kidney stones. but depending on the stone it either fixes those or makes it worse, and i already have little stones. also i use vitamin D which shouldnt use it combination with the medication)

download the german publication:
https://www.dr-kuklinski.info/wp-co...thaushalt-muskelschmerzen-schwaechen-2022.pdf

and upload it in google translate:
https://translate.google.com/?hl=d&sl=de&tl=en&op=docs

Last edited:

linusbert

so for start, i got apagard deep-care, its japanese mouthwash with nano-hydroxyapatite.
i am not allergic to it at first try, so thats good.
the consistency is very nice, its rather goo-y but i like it. it smoothes around the teeth like silk.

i might try to add calcium mcha to the liquid and slurp through the teeth. lets hope that fixes the enamel.

Last edited:

perchance dreamer

I have a water pik and electric toothbrush. The pik is great as I use it probably 3 times/day. Just rinse my mouth out quickly after meals, not long at all. In the morning and the evening I do a thorough job with my electric toothbrush. It really is a remarkable tool....check with your dentist as to what he recommends.

I got a water pik a couple of years ago, and it has really improved my dental health. In addition to getting out food particles that are left, even after flossing and rinsing, the water pik also stimulates the gums, keeping them healthy.