• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which drugs for the central nervous system

Tammy

Methyl-folate is another good supplement for the CNS. Some people are very sensitive to both B12 and methyl-folate when they start taking it. I had to start with a low dosage of both and work up.

YippeeKi YOW !!

• PureEncapsulations Taurine (precurrsor to GABA production) .....
  • Thorne Labs Pharrrma GABA, .... magnnesium glycinate (I use Solgar, a 100 mg tablet that can be easily cut down to titrate to a smaller dose), helps block NMDA and AMPA reseeptors, which aso helps restore calm to a hyper-sensittive, over activated nervous system .....
  • MCT Oil (medium chain triglycerides), virgin, high qquality or ypu can get real crap. Helps spply the brain and gut with eadily available,, rapidly absorbed and deployed, high quality fatty acids, necesssary for repair and on-going ease of naatural function ....
  • Trifala .... I use Organic India ....Ayurvedic protocol for gut health, and since your gut comprizess your 3rd nervous syttm, the enteric NS, keeping it healthy is a good idea. since it prodces 80% of your serotonin, other neurtransmitters (too braih dead to list right now), and has a boatload of GABA receptors, among others. Because of its polyphenols, it's also a promising phytotherapy for a variety of medical conditions, including brain health maintenance, and its polyphenols promote resilience against stress-induced depression and cognitive impairment.

There are others,, but the brain is apparenttly on strike or shut down for repairs, wwill comee back when it does .....