• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What does low methylmalonic acid mean

Aerose91

Ive been sick for 7 years now and so far nothing has made it even budge. I've revisited methylation to see if theres something i may have missed.

My serum B12 and folate are always normal. My methylmalonic acid always bounces between normal and low and my homocysteine stays on the low side- between 4.6 and 5. Does this indicate anything? Ive done methylation for so many years and never got anywhere with it but im always open minded. I also attached my methylation profile below.

Screenshot_20180727-144235.png

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Aerose91
What does low methylmalonic acid mean
From my understanding (from Dr. Rich Van Konyenburg) low MMA means a high level of adenosylcobalamin--which would usually translate to a high level of methylcobalamin as well. Rich used to say "the lower the better."

Aerose91

Really? Mayne that's why everytime i take mb12 it makes me super manic, paranoid and ocd. I had thought maybe that's something i have to push through but the other side has never come