• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Washington Post article, 8/17/23 - by Brian Vastig - re NIH breakthrough re WASF3

datadragon

One thing you might want to look into are Sigma 1 agonists. Sigma 1 agonists are being trialed for Huntington’s as ER stress inhibitors and if I’m not mistaken Fluvoxamine has shown promise for COVID/LC due to its Sigma 1 agonism

I would look at that closer as I only had a moment to look. The below suggests Sigma 1 can induce pain and ER Stress. That may be good for certain things but perhaps not for reducing exercise intolerance ME/CFS by reducing ER Stress.

CBD activation of TRPV1 induces oxidative signaling and subsequent ER stress in breast cancer cell lines​

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33604949/

and

TRPV1 channels and the progesterone receptor Sig-1R interact to regulate pain. Here we show that TRPV1 physically interacts with the Sigma 1 Receptor (Sig-1R), a chaperone that binds progesterone, an antagonist of Sig-1R and an important neurosteroid associated to the modulation of pain. Antagonism of Sig-1R by progesterone results in the down-regulation of TRPV1 expression in the plasma membrane of sensory neurons and, consequently, a decrease in capsaicin-induced nociceptive responses. This is observed both in males treated with a synthetic antagonist of Sig-1R and in pregnant females where progesterone levels are elevated. https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1715972115 From my post here: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...acute-pain-nejm-08-03-2023.90696/post-2442397

Violeta

@Violeta Be careful with Berberine it can cause low Blood sugar and GI side effects. That’s an intimidating list of agonists there jeez, I promise there are sigma 1 agonists that aren’t schedule 1 narcotics lol. Pregnenolone, DHEA, Resveratrol, Bromantane/Memantine, etc.
Andrographis might be a better way to go than berberine for me because I do have low blood pressure problems. I see andrographis helps with ER stress via reducing oxidative stress, let me see if it has an effect on blood pressure.

Oh no, please ignore this message.

leokitten

@Violeta One thing you might want to look into are Sigma 1 agonists. Sigma 1 agonists are being trialed for Huntington’s as ER stress inhibitors and if I’m not mistaken Fluvoxamine has shown promise for COVID/LC due to its Sigma 1 agonism

The COVID-OUT DBRCT comparing metformin, fluvoxamine, and ivermectin on the risk of developing LC in COVID patients found that only metformin reduced risk, fluvoxamine and ivermectin had no effect.