• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WANTED: Databases of tests, symptoms, diagnoses, etc.

undiagnosed

I am working on getting p2pdx (ZeroNet website for peer to peer medical data sharing and diagnosis) to a point where people can start using it. One area I need to work on is medical definitions which will enable computer readable data entries. Medical definitions of tests, symptoms, medications, etc. will be included in a SQLite database distributed with the website. If a user would like to add a definition that is not included, they will have to request it be added. This is primarily to ensure additions are not duplicates, spam, etc. In the future, it would be nice to have this decentralized possibly by using a blockchain. I have identified some databases to possibly pull definition data from, but I am also looking for others if anyone can recommend any. Here is what I have found so far:

Symptoms / Diagnoses:

ICD-10
The ICD codes are used in EHR systems by the medical establishment. You can browse the ICD-10 using the online browser. Just start typing a search term and a list will pop up of the closest matches. The definitions may not always be the greatest. For example, if you search for "myalgic encephalomyelitis" or "chronic fatigue syndrome", you get G93.3 Postviral fatigue syndrome which is described as Benign myalgic encephalomyelitis.

Procedures:

ICD-10 PCS

Genetic Tests:

Genetic Testing Registry

This registry has a database of genetic tests offered by various companies. It is the most complete list I could find.

Other sources of data I am looking for:
  • Lab Test definitions w/reference ranges (major labs such as Quest, Labcorp)
  • Medications
  • Imaging Tests (partial coverage by ICD-10 PCS)
  • Vitals (partial coverage by ICD-10 PCS)

Any other feedback is welcome. Thanks.

Last edited: