• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video: "Understanding and managing CFS in an interpersonal context" (Alison Wearden, psychologist)

True you can't but the psycho BS seems to be gathering pace worldwide with the help of the media. They are going to keep repeating their crap until its accepted.

I was going to say until they're prooved wrong but that makes no difference either :(

Here's hoping Dr. Shepherd and ME Association have some luck with their CBT report

Sean

They are looking at creating interventions for careers and significant others. In other words, CBT on people supporting CFS patients.
I find this concept quite sinister.

Could just imagine them all sitting round a table pondering. 'How can we make them suffer a bit more... Oh i've got it. We'll infiltrate the remaining few people they have left in the world they can trust (for those who still have it) and we'll take that away from them too. Stripping them of all hindrances to their much needed re-programming.'

Very dangerous stuff, that must be confronted.

worldbackwards

Yeah, but you'd be looking for them to get consent from people who aren't even ill. They can't get consent from people who are ill.

Mental health services are badly overstretched as it is, the idea that they would be able to cough up for CBT for a bunch of people who aren't actually sick when there's already an 18 month plus waiting list and, in the opinion of Professor White et al, not enough treatments at the end of that already, it's laughable. Like I said, it's desperate stuff: people disagree with us so we must stop anyone from having their own opinions.

Show me the money and then I'll be worried. Until then, I'll view it as the dying fart of a rotting corpse.

Yeah, but you'd be looking for them to get consent from people who aren't even ill. They can't get consent from people who are ill.

I could imagine them trying it on parents of children with ME, who are afraid of having them took off them if they didn't comply.

Show me the money and then I'll be worried. Until then, I'll view it as the dying fart of a rotting corpse.

Omg, nearly wet myself :rofl: