• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vasodilation all of the time, especially at night

drob31

came here again because this problem is happening again. It's definitely lactic acidosis for me: this happened after I typed for 7 hours straight -- quite a few days ago! -- and I still haven't recovered. It's not summer in this case; it's definitely overactivity-related.

But evidence still supported: I keep having hot flushes, and thinking I must have a fever. Maybe for someone with ME I do. My temp usually runs a little low. But regardless, the temp I am "feeling" does not correlate at all to what the thermometer keeps telling me. I think I resolved with baking soda and lots of CoQ10 last time? :( :( :(

Someone posted an equation the other day that made the lactic acid conversion seem so simple.

Glucose + O2 = 36 ATP (normal energy)
Glucose + (nothing/No O2) = Lactic Acid + 2 ATP (Lack of energy)

It's more complicated, but in some circumstances I wonder if it's the cellular inability to get enough O2, for whatever reason (sticky blood, etc etc)

JaimeS

Not just inability to get -- IMO, it's that glycolysis is impaired, so mitochondrial metabolism is pushed. Mitochondrial metabolism requires oxygen to function.

I looked it up on another thread; I did the b soda under the tongue, 'pushed' CoQ10, AND took something called pH basic by Enzymatic Therapy. Did that again. Symptoms aren't fixed but much less pronounced.

[Edit: the pH basic really worked -- this morning veins are no longer bulging, and hands don't ache. But I do feel like I was run over by a truck. I ache everywhere, and pain isn't normally one of my concerning symptoms.]

Last edited:

drob31

Not just inability to get -- IMO, it's that glycolysis is impaired, so mitochondrial metabolism is pushed. Mitochondrial metabolism requires oxygen to function.

I looked it up on another thread; I did the b soda under the tongue, 'pushed' CoQ10, AND took something called pH basic by Enzymatic Therapy. Did that again. Symptoms aren't fixed but much less pronounced.

[Edit: the pH basic really worked -- this morning veins are no longer bulging, and hands don't ache. But I do feel like I was run over by a truck. I ache everywhere, and pain isn't normally one of my concerning symptoms.]

Have you ever tried MSM sulfur to increase the cells ability to assimilate oxygen?

http://www.oxygenhealth.com/sulfur.html

Some people can't tolerate but some do well with it, from what I've seen.

Jwarrior77

I think you guys are onto something. I have extremely bad vasodilation issues. I believe it's partly due to dysautonomia not regulating the function of the vessels correctly and also having too much lactic acid build up. Do you guys have any more insight into this or how to help?