• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valtrex -> valcyte or famvir for HHV-6 and cmv

hunter1899

EBV causes cancer and I'd imagine other herpes family viruses do, too. They also trigger multiple debilitating autoimmune conditions and can cause mitochondrial fragmentation.

In an interview, Montoya noted that Valcyte has gotten a bad reputation as it's been used on AIDS and cancer and transplant patients who are fragile to begin with. Most healthy people would. never be prescribed it.

It is prudent to be monitored on it, and it can have effects on fertility, but we all need to weigh the risks and benefits.

I'm a stage 3 cancer survivor, and no one, even my functional medicine doctors seemed concerned about the cancer-causing potential of Valcyte, though I was already doing a lot of cancer fighting things and all of the "natural" antiviral treatments hadn't worked, not necessarily because they're bad, but more because my immune system wasn't working properly.

Wow congrats on being a survivor.
Every time I hear EBV causes cancer I get anxiety!

I think I’m going to stay on the mold protocol until I feel it’s done it’s work then get on valcyte.

Isn’t there an alternative to Valcyte that works almost as well but has fewer potential side effects? I get all these treatments mixed up.

GlassCannonLife

I think I’m going to stay on the mold protocol until I feel it’s done it’s work then get on valcyte.

Isn’t there an alternative to Valcyte that works almost as well but has fewer potential side effects? I get all these treatments mixed up.

No alternative sadly.

Learner1

How are you doing? Valcyte us best with multiple herpes viruses, but Famvir and Valtrex can work for EBV. Each one of us has different side effects with different meds. I've never had a problem with Valcyte side effects