• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(UK) DWP Benefit Health Assessment advice needed (anyone recently had to do this?)

Guwop2

Hello, the last DWP benefits Health Assessment I was obliged to attend was done over the phone during the pandemic, which suited me because my illness makes moving around painful (causing PEM). However, for my latest application (2.5 years later) I have been requested to attend the Wandsworth Assessment Centre. Does anyone have any advice as to how to prepare for this in-person assessment? It causes me a lot of anxiety in the the run up to these things because there is no certainty I will be put in the support group - although I have been placed in this group 3 times prior - twice of which were through a tribunal (an appeal) and the last one (which i finally got help filling the form in) went very smoothly (i.e. no appeal), but it was also phone call due to Covid and I understand a lot of people got benefits more easily because of this. Has anyone recently been through this process and can advise me?
Many many thanks if you can
G