• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sleep Hormone - Restores Vigor

Hi All,

Here is a link to an article about what some researchers are finding with sleep hormones and chronic illness...

Sleep hormone restores vigor and reverses apathy in sickness, Oregon scientists report

Getting sick can make anyone fell listless and blah, and some chronic conditions leave people feeling that way all the time.

Now Portland scientists have found a way to reverse such illness-induced lethargy. They used a naturally occurring brain hormone called orexin, already known to be pivotal in regulating sleep in people, to restore normal activity in laboratory animals.

The research shows how it may be possible to make a pill to restore vigor in people suffering from chronic fatigue and apathy brought on by cancer, congestive heart failure, kidney disease, and many other conditions without the side-effects of stimulants such as caffeine or amphetamines.

Read More of the Article -

http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2011/08/sleep_hormone_restores_vigor_a.html

Hope Love Light

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i want an anti-orexin drug, maybe i might sleep better, but if i dont need much sleep on orexin then i will take orexin. oh just give me uppers and downers, its like a yoyo.

cheers!!!

K2 for Hope

ALways Hoping
Interesting article. Sounds like it may be some time before anything would be ready for human use, but at least, it appears, there is research being done even if not specifically for ME/CFS.

They do mention ""CFS" as a Chronic illness along with kidney disease, heart disease and cancer. ME/CFS is being recognized as a critical chronic illness with the same potential suffering someone with the other mentioned illness would have.

Thanks for the info.