• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ron Davis at San Francisco rally: very close to a biomarker, looks like a mitochondrial problem

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Looking at some past testing, ATP was very low, NADPH was very low and Methione was also low. These are all related to mitochondrial function. I had these tests years ago but never had any idea what to do about it. The mito supps didn't give any noticeable effect.

Maybe try @JaimeS's level of CoQ10?

Justin30

Looking at some past testing, ATP was very low, NADPH was very low and Methione was also low. These are all related to mitochondrial function. I had these tests years ago but never had any idea what to do about it. The mito supps didn't give any noticeable effect.

Maybe try @JaimeS's level of CoQ10?

What kind of test was used?

The Open Medicine Foundation, OMF, is a completely independent organization from the Open Medicine Institute, OMI.[...]
Thank you so much for clarifying the organizational structure, @Rose49.

A question: How does Ron's CFS Research Center at Stanford relate to José Montoya's ME/CFS research group at Stanford?

Again, many thanks to you, to Ron, to your daughter and to Linda T.
Love and thoughts for Whitney - he is in the thoughts of many, many ME patients and carers around the world. I will be making a new donation to OMF shortly. Let's solve this! Let's help the millions missing.

JaimeS

Perhaps. But please remember the cluster outbreaks. It could just be that all were exposed to same infectious agent.

Ehhh but then other people I know would have it. It was just those related to me, even though -- and this is important -- other people not related to me were living in the same house when my mom developed the illness.

I can make no reasonable assertion that genetics is not involved. However, that does not rule out a pathogen.

-J

msf

Genetics must be involved if there is ME in several generations of a family, unless the pathogen can be congenitally acquired. I developed ME two years after my father, who also had ME, died. He contracted ME about eight years before I was born. I also know what the triggering organism was in my case (Yersinia Enterocolitica) and there is no evidence that it is either sexually transmitted or congenitally acquired.

duncan

I don´t think that´s correct either grammatically or factually, JAH. I believe Davis and Montoya are collaborating on a Lyme study.

This sounds distantly familiar, @msf. Could you please direct me to a description of what they are doing, if you know of one?

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
Oops, I got the wrong Davis, it seems: http://med.stanford.edu/chronicfatiguesyndrome/about/projects.HTML

Ok, so does anyone know how Mark Davis relates to Ron Davis?
Mark Davis is the Chair of the Immunology Department at Stanford and is an amazing scientist and a really nice person. He is on the OMF Scientific Advisory Board. He is doing the immunology workup for the Severely Ill Patient Big Data Study. He may also collaborate with Montoya, I'm not sure. I am asking Ron how to answer the question about the difference and relationship between CFS Research Center at Stanford (Ron Davis) And Stanford CFS Initiative (Montoya). I want to be sure to get it right.

JAH

I don´t think that´s correct either grammatically or factually, JAH. I believe Davis and Montoya are collaborating on a Lyme study.

Ha! Definitely not grammatically correct! For some reason I read it as a question- "is he working with Montoya"

I was at Stanford on Monday and my understanding was that they weren't working together. I apologize if I'm wrong.

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
I am asking Ron how to answer the question about the difference and relationship between CFS Research Center at Stanford (Ron Davis) And Stanford CFS Initiative (Montoya). I want to be sure to get it right.
I'll answer this as soon as I can. He's with Whitney now, then I will be with Whitney, then somehow we have to eat, then Ron goes to bed and I'm up with Whitney, etc, and so it goes. In the morning he's gone before I wake up. Two ships in the night.