• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rexulti and Me/Cfs?

Davsey27

Has anyone had any success with this drug reducing flu like symptoms,pem,etc?

Psychiatrist rx'd this and I'm feeling a bit hesitant about picking up the script

I have heard abilify lowers dopamine at lower doses but not this one.Concerned about side effect profile of these drugs

Thank You

gm286

@jaybee00 yes, and usually that means expect similar results between them.

I did not try Rexulti but I would if it came to that.

Abilify and Vraylar gave me similar side effects (could not tolerate medications and began to inflate / bloat; there was also muscle weakness).

However I credit Vraylar with helping me shift my circadian rhythm back to early morning, from the DSPS and non-24 type issues I’ve dealt with all my adult life.

The trick is that I am not actually on the medication. Neither am I regularly on Trazodone, a medication which helps with sleep. Instead, I have both Vraylar and Trazodone in my cabinet in case I need them.

As it stands with the current class of antipsychotics, the guiding principle is not to be on them every day for fear of side effects — to be on them as rarely as possible and take them only when really needed, or when there is a relapse / worsening of ME/CFS symptoms (in this case, for me, those would be circadian dysregulation).

I also prefer Vraylar to Abilify.

gm286

I mean at this point, next time I require using it, I’ll be opening a capsule and tapping a few small microparticles of it into water. A micro dose if there ever was one.

Was on 1.5mg for two days. Then 3mg for 3 days. Then 4.5mg for a day. By days 5 and 6, I started bloating, huge increase of flatulence, and by day 7 when trialing 4.5mg I got akathisia and weak muscles to the point of hardly being able to hold my phone. Awful.