• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reducing Inflammation of Brain and Spinal Cord With Ice Packs ?

perchance dreamer

It's been a couple of years since I did cryo, but I think it was around 6 or 8 sessions.

It helped for fatigue on the day of the session only, and, like I said, I never got over it having a bad effect on my sleep. It did help for pain, though.

If you try cryo, make sure someone stays in the room with you during the session. I think that's standard, but make sure.

Biarritz13

Was the fatigue the same as usual the day after the session or was it decreasing?

May I ask what was your trigger?

Cryo is quite famous right know, a lot of people are doing it, I heard people with fibro improves, some people with fatigue also but after a huge number of sessions, something like 15 with 3 each per day.

I've tried homemade ice packs. I think the numbing sensation draws my sensory attention away from the pain, rather than actually solving it. Either way, it's a good distraction, even if unpleasant.

xrayspex

ice pack great for me too, use it for neck pain
but in winter bit of quandry because can't use it, get too cold
ms cooling on line has nice longer neck packs