• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Raf Adams: A new definition for CFS?

Boule de feu

This is how CFS is presented to the world as an introduction for his new book entitled "The Suited Monk":

- Subsequently, at the age of 24 Raf suffered Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / an acute stress burn-out of debilitating physical fear and uncertainty -

I haven't read the book but I hope CFS is better explained in his book.

Just Google it if you wish to get the link.

Boule de feu

I guess that some doctors give a diagnosis of mild CFS instead of burnout because they don't know better.

I googled "burnout and CFS" and was stunned to see that many sites mix both of them.
I even read that CFS is the extreme version of a burnout.
The only difference is the cause. Burnout = stress at work. CFS is not related to work.

If the info on the internet is confusing, can we blame the general population for not being able to figure out that ME is not a psychological condition?