• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question for Freddd

Freddd,

I live in Boise and haven't been able to find anyone who offers Methylcobalamin shots here. I sometimes travel through the Salt Lake City area- may I get information for doctors(naturopaths, etc...) who offer B12 injections there? People who meet your criteria(methylcobalamin, UV/sunlight protected, etc...)? Please reply with your suggestions...

thanks, (and thanks for all of your work and help to everybody here...)

Jimmy

Freddd

Hi Jimmy,

You need to have a prescription for injected mb12 and then you can have it filled, by mail even, from the local pharmacy that can prepare it for you. However, before you go through all the bother and expense of injections you need to get started on the active b12 protocol and have all ready titrated up to 25mg mb12 daily with healing going full blast and then do the 50mg sublingual test for whether you will benefit from injections. You may not need injections, the sublinguals work more reliably and are as good as it gets unless you need the extra CSF penetrating power of 10mg SC injections. Just going to an injection won't tell you if you need them or indicate that you need the 10mg size. So read up the BASICS, and let's talk about getting started on the protocol. It needs to be done with the exact brands when specified which now includes the brands of L-carnitine fumarate (Jarrow and Drs Best, also the Liquid carnitine from Jarrow).

Freddd,
Thanks for the info. I've been lurking around here for quite some time, so I'm familiar with the basics. I have improved quite a bit- was just interested in the injection vs. sublingual aspects.... thanks for the info!