• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Psoriasis

godlovesatrier

Couldn't see another thread for this.

I know a few of you have had this or do have it, I assume it's another immune manifestation. Mine started last year, this years crop on my leg is prob twice as big as last year. I am about to start 10% urea cream on it four times a day, which is meant to work like a treat.

Anyone found any good treatments that don't include hydrocortisone? The sub reddit for psoriasis is amazing but I thought I'd ask here too. Thanks.

I had it last year for the first time, too. On my toes. My father had psoriasis as long as I can remember and the Urea cream smelled awfully, so I went for salt. Footbaths with sea salt and Dead Sea creams seemed to stop its progression. I also started schisandra around that time, which is used in Chinese medicine for psoriasis.

linusbert

Couldn't see another thread for this.

I know a few of you have had this or do have it, I assume it's another immune manifestation. Mine started last year, this years crop on my leg is prob twice as big as last year. I am about to start 10% urea cream on it four times a day, which is meant to work like a treat.

Anyone found any good treatments that don't include hydrocortisone? The sub reddit for psoriasis is amazing but I thought I'd ask here too. Thanks.
higher dose of vitamin D as well oral as also special uv-light on the skin.
there is also vitamin D creme for the skin.

Rufous McKinney

I got rid of a horrible rash, that was on my legs for about eight years. It was not psoriasis, but it had no name, doctors scratched their heads, offered nothing of course.

So over ten months on chinese herbal tea, custom tea prepared just for me, the rash abruptly disappeared over two weeks and never came back.

I had psoriasis on my scalp for many years but it went away on its own. thank good ness, as I was having to wash my hair frequently due to the itch. And now I can go two weeks..........

leokitten

I’ve had psoriasis my entire adulthood, ME made it worse.

@godlovesatrier Are you looking for topicals or systemics? I’ve done quite a few over the years. There are a lot of possible treatments for psoriasis

Last edited:
Do you think this would work for eczema as well? I don't have it but know someone who does.
Hm, possibly. Schisandra is used for inflammatory skin conditions in general, including eczema, but I have no idea about dosages or other specifics etc.

As for salt, I suppose when the eczema is open it would be too irritating. But otherwise it might be worth a try, very carefully and starting small, seeing how it feels. In my experience sea salt/ Dead sea is good for just about everything skin realted.

leokitten

@godlovesatrier regarding hydrocortisone topical, may I ask what is your aversion to it? Any dermatologist would tell you it can be used indefinitely and will not cause skin thinning or other side effects. That’s why I find it useful because it works, though doesn’t last as long per application as others, but it won’t cause long term side effects pretty much no matter how much I use. Many of the other topicals that last longer have per application have risks of long term side effects.

pamojja

For me Vitamin A - from 24.000 IU onward - prevented any further psoriasis outbreaks. However, only in the context of comprehensive supplementation of all other essential or conditionally essential nutrients.

I did do blood tests and reduced since reaching the upper limit of normal after many years only. Till now it stayed away.